Chapter 7

All of us climbed into the truck and took a seat in the back. I watched Blake and Keven speak to some of the other trackers as Norland and I were escorted to seats in the rear. It's obvious they've all undergone the same training and have forged strong ties with their comrades. As much as I'm relieved that we've got some back up I also know the extent of their so called training program.

As soon as I take a seat in the back Norland disappears into the front of the truck to relay directions to the driver. Alan's seating himself to my left as he straps on a tactical vest that matches the rest of the trackers. I pull out my phone to start looking for the address and any other info I can get on this dry cleaning place. The more information I can get on this place the better.

When Norland comes back, the truck starts with a loud throttle rumble that shakes all the way to the back where I'm seated. I notice Keven taking a seat in front of us with his helmet and vest on just like Alan. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this was their day job.

"Here. Put this on." Blake hands me a helmet along with a tactical vest as the armoured truck makes its way down the blocks of the north quadrant.

The ride in the back is shocking but this truck that should really be called a tank instead is able to carry all the trackers inside along with everyone we added in. Blake is talking to some of the wolves in the front of the vehicle, holding a riot shield and arguing about some sort of video game. Alan and I are right now studying the floor plan of the place as I put the vest on over my head and secure it snuggly.

Norland on the other hand who's sitting on my right won't stop complaining about how he should go in there and get the pup himself.

"I'm an Alpha! I can walk in there and annihilate all of them in my sleep." He boasts as he whines.

"I can see it now. You walking in there and them shooting you because you're too fucking cocky about being the Alpha wolf. You're a glorified bronze statue to your pack. To shiny and special to risk breaking." I tease him and clip on my helmet.

"Oh yeah! What does that make you!" He scolds me.

"A lone wolf not stuck behind a desk pushing papers. No one gets pissed off if I decide to go out and kick some arse. I'm sure Luna Susie will rip my head off in one swipe if I even let you enter that building." I elbow him.

"You got a point." He grumbles in defeat.

"Why do you think I stay single. I have no interest in being stuck with a female that will drag me down."

"I know. You were nothing but a little shit when you were a pup. Always climbing trees and jumping off the roof of the pack house like you could fucking fly." He shakes his head as both Alan and Keven listen in. "I should have sent you to military school for the stunts you pulled. Let's just hope your mate is as understanding as Susie was."

Keven and Alan chuckle at our disagreement.

"Calm down old timer. The odds of meeting your mate are one in a thousand. Why do you think there's so many single females begging to be marked. I'll just find the most agreeable one and pick her. Granted I'd probably be fifty by the time all that takes place." I smirk at him and focus back on the floor plan.

I don't know how much time passed but I could feel through the floor that the truck was slowing down till it came to a complete stop. There's no way we could be there already. That and the fact that we haven't exactly come up with a plan as to what we all needed to do once we get there. Please don't tell me that we're just going to go in guns blazing and get the pup killed. I'll loose my finders fee if I don't get the pup back to her daddy in once piece.