Chapter 10

Celests POV

Father decreed that everyone who was involved in the rescue efforts had a mandatory twelve hours to recover from the ordeal. That order however did not include me. As soon as I was home from the hospital, I was called into my father's office and questioned about the events that took place as well as any specific detail or information that could be beneficial to my pack.

"Celestia my dear little pup. Do you remember anything specific?" My father questions me as Alpha Norland takes notes on my answers. "Any names or information that the males around you might have been talking about?"

"None of the males ever spoke around me. I was chained up and had a shock collar on that kept me from making any sound. The only time any of the males came down to the basement was if they wanted to try and question me or if they fed me." I answered honestly.

None of the males ever spoke about any plans or wolves around me. The only wolf who spoke to me was Tom and that brute of a male. I didn't know his name but the thought of him touching my neck and taunting me about how he would mark me made my skin crawl all over.

"Celestia?" Alpha Norland gently snaps me out of my memories to bring me back to the here and now. "I know this is difficult being that its still very fresh in your mind but I want to assure you that we have the most experienced trackers working on this case. I even had a wolf who specializes in tracking flown in to assist. He's the main reason we got to you so quickly."

They had a tracker flown in just to save me? Father must have really been worried if he went as far as to call Alpha Norland to help. Usually, the two of the don't get along that well. My eyes sweep over Alpha Norland as he gives me a small smile and continues to scribble down notes.

"There was one wolf." I murmur. "I think his name was Tom."

"Tom, was it?" Alpha Norland looks up from his notes and tilts his head slightly intrigued.

"The rest of the wolves picked on him and called him the rookie. He had brown eyes, jet black hair and looked even younger than me. If I were to guess he looked like he was only sixteen."

"And what did Tom do to you? Did he hurt you?" Alpha Norland's questions were soft but direct.

"No." I shook my head. "He was actually the only wolf there that was kind to me. He even took off my collar so I could have a moments rest from the constant electrical shocks. I wonder if he's even still alive?" I muttered to myself in a slight daze.

Tom was so young and yet he was involved somehow in such an awful group of wolves. How does such a young wolf end up like that?

I sit there quietly as Alpha Norland picks up a folder next to him and begins to flick through it. I didn't know what to do with myself as silence settled over my father's office. When I was about to peak up at my father who just sat there quietly, Alpha Norland spoke and handed me the folder.

"Was this the wolf you mentioned?" Norland held the folder half way between us and I looked at the photo taken of the wolf I knew as Tom.

It was a tracker photo from a pack record. His hair was messy and there was a small cut under his left cheek but it was him.

"Yes. Out of all the wolves he was the only one that was kind to me. He was gentle when he spoke to me and even helped me eat when I first woke up from the drugs." I turn to Alpha Norland as a lump forms inside my throat. "Was he..." I swallow. "...killed?"

"No Celestia." He smiles at me. "He was very cooperative when we found him. He mentioned to the investigators that he took care of you but we needed to get your view on what happened in order to confirm his story."