Chapter 15

Maliks POV

It seems that Norlands motto for this evening turned out to be rain, hail or fucking tornado when it came to getting my arse to this god forsaken party Alpha Peter was hosting. Nothing was going to stop the old timer from getting me to attended even if the only thing on my mind was that stupid contract Alpha Peter was pressuring Celestia into sign. After spending most of my free time researching the Plymouth pack there was little about the overall financial structure of the pack. The only news that ever came out of that place was just their shotty social media and cheerfully fake gossip rag.

"Malik!" Alan snapped me out of my thoughts and back to this loud and crowded dinner party.

"What do you want now Alan?" I grumbled at him as he held a glass of scotch in one hand as his other arm was draped around the neck of a young female.

"Don't be such a kill joy and come and dance with us? Alissa here has plenty of single female friends that are dying to meet you." He wiggled his brows at me as he slurs.

Nothing on this earth would make me want to vomit more than dancing around a stupid dancefloor with females trying to manipulate me into marking them. I took a deep breath. Be nice Malik. I had to remind myself even thought I'm sure at this stage there's nothing about this evening that Alan will remember tomorrow morning including this female lodged under his arm.

"Where's Blake? I'm sure the two of you would enjoy it much more than I." My eyes trail around the room and spot Blake at the bar with a brunette gushing over him. "Go get a beer with Blake." I point to where he's standing and shoo off the drunk Alan and his companion.

I was simply in no mood for drinking especially when I spotted that little shit head of a wolf walking next to Alpha Peter and smirking to himself like the entire abduction wasn't orchestrated by his pack. What was his name again? Theodore or something like that. I wanted to slice his throat and watch the life drain from his eyes.

Norland was keeping a watchful eye on me as he always did but when he gave me that small nudge to stop glaring at that fucking prick, I noted the curiosity in his eyes as he attempted to map out what was up with me. An uncomfortable acknowledgment if there ever was one.

"Care to explain why you look like you're about to jump this table and rip the soon to be Alphas throat out?" He places a glass of scotch down in front of me and takes the seat to my left with a drink of his own.

I gave him no answer.

"You've certainly been in quite the mood ever since you took on this job. I've never seen you get so emotionally invested in the welfare of a pack before. From what I recall, you always thought of such things as beneath you." Norland prods me.

I keep my eyes fixed on the group of Alphas and make no response.

"Not to mention that little display you made in Alpha Peters office. Seeing you so distressed about that pup being as you put it 'signed away' had you baring your fangs at the Alpha." He tilts his head at me.

I turn and narrow my eyes at him.

"Her name is Celestia." I warn.

He takes note of my warning.

"Whatever you might be thinking old timer...I'd advise you to keep it to yourself." I lowered my voice enough for him to hear and turned back to see Alpha Peter laughing with the other Alphas.

"Malik. This is a dangerous game you wish play. It could cost us everything, including our lives and the lives of the ones we love." He informs me.

"Save it for your first born Norland or have you forgotten already that I'm just your adopted son." I glance at him before returning my gaze to the Alphas.