Chapter 1

Maliks POV

It's night by the time I arrive back at my hotel in New Vegas. Who knew tracking down this egotistical prick with a flare for poker would be so hard to find. All I had to do was simply slip a drop or two of Wolfbane into his scotch and walk out of the bar as he choked and gasped his last breath. The look from his private security team was one that I will remember for a long time to come.

"Malik 865K" I speak to my laptop as it opens to my voice activated password.

"Good evening Malik." It answers back to me and brings up a list of emails for me to look over.

There is about five messages but the one that catches my attention is the one from my old Alpha flashing on my screen. I hover the mouse over the unopened message but hesitate and lean back in my chair. This better not be another message begging me to come back to them. I'm rather enjoying myself at the moment. Being a gun for hire is turning out to be rather thrilling and there's no one in the world that can take this away from me.

With my mind set on not caving into this guy, I click on the email from him. It simply says.

____________________________________________

E.T. Phone home.

New job that's right up your ally.

Call me.

Alpha Norland

______________________________________________

I roll my eyes at the whole E.T. crap. Seriously? The only thing that possesses me to even take out my phone is the fact that he said he had a job for me. If a job wasn't involved then his stupid message would be heading right into junk mail. I dial in the number that hasn't changed in seven years and hear it ring. I shut the laptop and lounge back in the chair as I sip on a glass of scotch from the mini bar.

"Hello?" Alpha Norland answers.

"It's me." I speak into the phone with a hint of annoyance.

Why am I even doing this again? Oh, right the job.

"Malik." There's a slight pause as I hear a little shuffle on the other end of the phone. "I didn't think you would call."

"Well I am so what is this job you briefly mentioned? It better not be something trivial just to get me back there?" I growl.

"No! No. It's something important that I need you to do. It's not for me but another Alpha who now owes me a favour." He explains.

"Then why am I talking to you and not him right now?"

What the hell does he want anyway?

"Malik. I know this isn't your usual thing but I need your help. It's serious and could affect the way the packs are run here. Where are you anyway?" He asks me.

"I'm around, you know that. Even if I told you where I was it wouldn't mean I'd be there tomorrow so why does it matter?" I scoff.

"You're going to get yourself killed one day you know that kid." Alpha mocks.

"Call me kid one more time and this conversation is over." I warn him.

He quietens down but manages to explain what it is he wants from me.

"Do you know Alpha Peter? He's the man running the Manhattan pack north of us."

"What about him?" I tip the rest of my drink down my throat and feel it burn all the way down.

"He's the one asking for help. I told him I knew a guy and that's why I contacted you."

I place the glass down on the coffee table and run my fingers through my hair.