Chapter 4

Maliks POV

I texted Alan as soon as I was finished. He was still working on gathering all the information I requested but as I took out another stick of gum from my suit pocket, I already had everything I needed. I just had to find the pup.

I glance back at the boutique and would like to know what the fuck was wrong with me but I shrug it off. I need to focus. Taking out the keys I've been given to the BMW, I send off my text.

_______________

To: Alan
From: Malik

Where are we at with the two vehicles?
Have the suspects been taken into custody?

______________

I unlock the black BMW and get in. You can still smell the new car smell mixed with leather as I place my phone back into my jacket pocket. My hands turn the key and hear the engine roar to life. In another life I'd probably have an entire garage full of sleek and sexy cars but with my works it's not something I really get to experience. I rev the engine, feeling it shake the car and can't help the face splitting grin I'm sporting.

"I've got to get me one of these." I shift into first gear and put my foot down.

I made it back to the Pack house and found Alpha Norland there waiting for me. Alan must have told him everything I expected because the first words out of the guy's mouth were. "We've got everyone."

I nod and walk past him, heading into the pack house and over to the elevators in the lobby. I was starving and still a little on edge about what happened at the boutique. Since when has that ever happened? It was like I got kicked in the guts for trying to fuck that female. I just need time to shake it off I guess.

"Penny for your thoughts Malik?" Norland walks over and leans against the side of the elevator.

"I'm just starving. I haven't eaten since New Vegas." I give a basic response.

"Oh." His brows lift as he shoves off the wall. "Then why don't we go to the kitchens. I can get one of the maids to fix something up for you."

As much as I just wanted to be left alone to try and think about what happened I was to fucking hungry to pass it up.

"Fine." I conceded and followed the old guy to the kitchen.

"Ladies." Alpha Norland calls out to the three females all sitting around chatting. "Malik here hasn't eaten since breakfast. Could one of you beautiful girls fix this single, good looking male something to eat?"

Norland's hand smacks hard against my back making me stifle a growl. He's lucky he's my ex Alpha. If it wasn't for that fact, I'd drop his arse right here and now. What's more annoying is that he knows it too. That's why he loves to piss me off all the fucking time.

The females stare at me then eye one another as they get up from their seats. One of them, a short brunet walks over to me and asks for me to take a seat in the dinning room telling me they'll bring my food out once it's ready. That smile of hers doesn't touch her eyes and its clearly one she reserves for customer service. Its to painted on to be anything else.

"Sure, we can." Alpha Norland answer for me and leads me into the dining room.

We? Since when was this a 'we'?

At this point I'm just rolling with it. That and I need to find Alan after this so I can finally move on with all this case shit. I'm not one that just takes a break mid contract but I need food or else I'll be useless to everyone. It's to bad Kirlin isn't in the country. I'd see if he'd be able to give me a hand.