17

Katherine made her way back over to where the carrier was, by this point she could definitely feel the pain in her left leg.

"Chicago is downwind, no front landing gear, no tail hook, pull the cable and raise the barricade." Katrhine said, she smiled when she saw sight of the boat.

Everyone on the deck started pulling a bunch of thick ropes and setting them up to catch Katherine and Bradly.

Maverick was watching them do this from as close as he could, his lips were scabbed from chewing on them and his nails were shorter than earlier, he had also been chewing on them.

Maverick was so greatful when a gaurd came and found him to tell him they had found his little girl, he basically ran all the way back to the control room.

Katherine sped past the boat and circled around it.

"Katherine, can we talk later?" Bradly asked.

"Yeah for sure, wanna meet at the hard deck?" Katherine smiled.

"Definitely." Bradly nodded.

Katherine felt the left engine go out as she was flying for the boat.

Bradly sighed and closed his eyes, "please dont tell me we lost an engine."

"Okay." Katherine shrugged, she didn't tell him, she just kept flying. "I won't tell you."

Bradly sat up straight and prepared for landing, Katherine dove straight for the wall of ropes and they had a nice landing, more or less.

The crew ran over and sprayed the fire extinguisher all over the plane, there seemed to be a part catching on fire so they put it out.

Katherine heavily sighed and leaned her head back, "hey Bradly?"

"Yes." Bradly leaned forward to hear her better.

"I think I need a medic, I can't feel my legs." Katherine sighed.

"Dont worrry, I'll help you." Bradly said, he reached over and patted her on the shoulder.

All the crew and aviators ran over to the plane cheering, they were more than proud of Katherine and Bradly.

Katherine punched open the canopy but she stayed sitting down. Bradly stood up first and accepting the cheering, he punched his fist in the air happily.

Bradly quickly opened the ladder and stood on it, he put his hands out to Katherine and she gracefully took them.

Bradly pulled Katherine up and into his arms, she still had some leg strength but she wasnt mad about begging carried by Bradly.

"Can I get a medic?!" Bradly shouted over the cheering, the people quieted down as the medics came over with a stretcher.

Maverick shoved past people and stood on the ground, he watched as Bradly slowly got off the ladder with Katherine in his arms.

Maverick smiled and leaned over, he pulled Bradly and Katherine into a three way hug. He patted Bradly on the back and nodded at him, Bradly just smiled back.