13

Katherine opened her phone while she was sitting on the couch and eating her dinner. She got a message from her dad and she smiled.

Maverick:
Let's meet at the hard deck.
I want to talk.

Katherine:
Sure, be there in 15.

Katherine finished eating and quickly got dressed, she went downstairs and got on her bike. The warm breeze and the stary sky calmed Katherine, she was happy today.

._________.

Once Katherine arrived at the bar she couldn't find her father. She went outback to see him and Penny, they were looking out into the ocean.

Katherine wished her dad could find someone special again but that's a hard thing to find.

Katherine smiled when her dad and Penny started hugging, they were cute. But, they've tried before and it wasn't pretty.

Penny noticed Katherine watching them from the porch of the hard deck. Penny released from her and mavericks hug, she kissed him on the cheek and walked away.

Katherine nodded at Penny as they passed each other.

Katherine walked up and stood next to her dad.

"You wanted to talk?" Katherine asked.

"Yes. Sit." Maverick said, he slowly sat down on the sand, Katherine followed suit.

"Admiral Beau has put me back on the mission, he said I can pick the leader of the mission, the rest, but you get to pick your wingman." Maverick store out into the ocean.

Katherine paused, her?

"As much as I dont want to send you out there, I also feel you need it." Maverick continued, "I want you out there, believe me I do. It's just, I can't loose you."

"Dad, like you said, everyone is coming home." Katherine reassured her father.

"Yes, but I'm begging you, be safe." Maverick let a tear fall from his eye.

"I promise." Katherine smiled.

._____________.
A few days later

It had been a few days since maverick suggested that he wanted his daughter to be the leader of the mission.

As much as he wanted this for her, the thought of loosing Katherine crushed him, but he knew he had to do this.

Maverick store out onto the ocean, "talk to me goose."

Maverick was debating on making Katherine or Hangman the team leader, he didn't want it to seem biased so he asked for Admiral Bates opinion.

Admiral bates just said it was his decision.

"Captian Mitchell." Someone called out to maverick.

Maverick turned around to see Admiral bates, they nodded at each other.

A platform came down to pick maverick up, he smiled to the Admiral as it took him up to the top deck.