3

"30 plus years of service, combat metals, citations, only man to shoot down three enemy planes in the last 40 years, distinguished. Distinguished. Distinguished..." admiral Cain listed off mavericks achievements.

He was proud of himself to be honest, maverick was the most proud of Katherine though, she's flying Top Gun.

"Yet you can't get a promotion, you won't retire, and dispute your best efforts you refuse to die." Cain continued.

Katherine stood next to her father, doing her best to keep her laugh in, her father was a good pilot but he sure was a trouble maker, just like her.

"You should at least be a two-star admiral by now, if not a senator. Yet here you are, caption." Cain sounded shocked, "why is that?"

"It's on of life's mysteries, sir." Katherine replied for her father.

"Did I ask you? This isn't a joke." Admiral Cain snapped at Katherine, "and your supposed to be training soon."

"Shh Kath." Maverick told her daughter, "I'm where I belong, sir." Maverick addressed admiral Cain.

"Well the navy doesn't see it that way" Cain sighed. "Soon enough pilots like you, ones that need to sleep, eat and take a piss won't be needed."

"The future is coming.. and your not in it." Cain bluntly said, with two meanings behind his words.

"Escort these two off the base, send caption Mitchell with his daughter to north island."

"North island, sir?" Katherine asked, she thought her father was staying here.

"Yes, impeccable timing, I was just about to ground your fathers ass." Admiral Cain said, rolling his eyes. "It was your guardian angle, Ice, you've been called back to Top Gun. Alongside your daughter."

"You Lieutenant and Captian, are dismissed."

Katherine and maverick walked out of Admiral's office, Katherine was happy for her father but also a bit anrgy.

This was supposed to be her Top Gun mission, her time around, but how could she be mad?Mav was her dad afterall.

._____________.

Katherine and maverick had packed all their things and were being escorted to San Diego, California Fightertown U.S.A.

It was beautiful and just just how Katherine liked it, hot and sunny.

Katherine was extremely excited to start her training. She wondered who her teacher was going to be and who her teammates were also.

Katherine raced down the tarmac, on her bike, 10 meters from a fighter plane.

This was her chance. Her time. And she isn't going to waste it.

Katherine and maverick walked into the main facility, there were photos of pure legends on the walls.

Maverick smiled at the photos of him and Ice back in the day.

Katherine noticed a picture of Iceman. "Damn dad, your besties with a commander!" Katherine giggled as they walked up the stairs, Mav just shook his head smiling.