Chapter 1: THE PALLET TRIO

Chapter 1 : The Pallet Trio

It had now been 5 years since Ash parted with Serena.

10 years of age.

It was finally time for his journey to begin.

The Kanto region, unlike other regions, had Trainers as young as 10 years begin their adventure.

Normally, a Trainer must be 15 years old to receive their first Pokémon.

However, there exist a special examination conducted by the renowned Professor Oak in Pallet Town where if one were to score with flying colours, they are granted permission personally by the Professor to start their Trainer career early.

The conducted test was to judge whether the child could be trusted with a Pokémon as well as take care of their needs.

Both Trainer and Pokémon.

To say the examination was difficult was an understatement.

Since its establishment, no children managed to complete its intended objective.

And so, it became common sense that a rookie Trainer would at the very least be of 15 years of age...

Until 3 children from Pallet Town did.

"Not surprised Blue managed to pass but Red? Your luck for your entire life definitely just ran out," Gary sneered jokingly.

"I'm surprised I haven't choked you in your sleep," Ash shot back with a glare.

"Boys, stop fighting or else I'm going to call Mr. Samuel," Blue warned.

"Yes, ma'am," the boys immediately shut.

Since Ash's declaration to Gary, the two began sparring with their Pokémon.

Sometimes when things get heated, Blue will always be there to stop them.

A sort of mediator between the two hot-blooded boys.

"Well then, let's begin the selection, kids." Oak called out.

Oak set 3 Pokémon on the table for them to see:

A green creature with a bulb on its back: Bulbasaur.

A blue turtle with a swirly tail: Squirtle.

And finally, an orange lizard with the tip of its tail alight: Charmander.

The 3 children looked in awe at their would-be starters.

"Blue should go first," Ash said, looking at the gloves his friend wore.

"Choose the one you like best. Gary and I will pick the others."

"Red's right. You can have first pick, Blue. We're alright with that," Gary confirmed with a grin.

The boys knew Blue had developed a phobia of Pokémon ever since she was accidentally caught in a crossfire between Ash's Pikachu and Gary's Eevee.

This was made better when they got her a pair of white gloves.

Although this did not solve her fears, it would do for now.

After that incident, the two boys felt guilt at what they had done.

From then on, they would always care for her well-being.

Especially Gary.

"Thanks guys. Then... you look cute, would you like to come with me?" Blue asked Bulbasaur with a smile.