Chapter 4 - "Finally Some Answers"

After what seemed like hours Warren walked in with a few security guards. Kat was brought to a somewhat dark room with dim lights around her, and one bright light above her. She was now sitting down in a chair with a desk in front of her, along with an empty chair on the other side of the desk.

Warren came in and sat on the chair, two security guards stood at the entrance of the room. "So, I have some questions for you," Warren said.

"And what if I don't answer them?" Kat asked, not with an aggressive tone but more of a curious tone overall. "If you DO answer them, then I will answer some of your questions. If you DON'T answer them, well... I'm unsure you want to see what happens." Warren said. Kat couldn't tell if it was a threat or not, but hearing that some of her questions will be answered gave her hope.

"Anyhoo. The first question: Do you remember your full name? If so, what is it?"

"My name is Kat Destiny, my mother's name was Charlie."

"Alright. Second question: Do you remember your birthday?"

"My birthday is March 19th."

"Third question: ...Do you believe Magic is real?"

"Scientifically, no. Theoretically, possibly."

"And, last question: What's your favorite color?"

"My favorite color? Red, why?"

"Oh, just for fun. Anyways, I promised some of your questions would be answered, so what are some of your questions? I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities." Kat inhaled, thinking of all the questions she had: but evidently, proved by how many questions Warren had (four) she would also probably only get four. She narrowed all her questions down smoothly.

"Okay... hmm... First off, why did you bring me, Chelsea, and Aaron here?"

"You three have been brought here to be experimented on: as you are the 3 people who may determine the future of this universe. Also, it's not just you three who are here." That sure left a lot more questions from Kat.

"Alright. Second question, Where is Joe?"

"Joe? Your friend? Do you mean the dinky little janitor at Laminax Labs? Oh, he's safe back at the labs. Sad you'll never see him again." What did he mean by that?

"When will we be going back to Laminax Labs?"

"As soon as we're done with you, which will probably be.. let's see here... 26..... hmm- Probably 26 years to be precise."

"26 YEARS!?"

"Yep! Next question."

Kat took a deep breath in, thinking for a moment before asking her last question. "Why did you change us back to humans instead of Gootraxians?"

"Well, we couldn't change you into something else if you were already changed, now could we? Alright, one more question!"

Kat's hope raised just a little bit more at the fact that she got an extra question. "Why do you have those weird robot spider legs?"

"I'm spiderman- No, kidding. You probably don't even know who spiderman is- Err, Anyways. I have these because I was born with my legs disabled. It's a lot more useful plus easier to move around in than a wheelchair, believe me. Okay, I'll be sending you back to your room for now!"

Kat was back at her room now. Most of her questions were answered, but still one remained:

What was he talking about... changing?