Chapter 3 - "Attempted Escape"

After a little while, the three of them were vibing, and Kat curled up on the floor. It wasn't comfortable, but where else was she supposed to take a nap...? She actually managed to fall asleep somehow. Kat dreamed of what possible universes were out there... that her and Chelsea's universe was just one in infinite. It made her feel oddly small compared to everything.

Kat just felt so... overwhelmed, lately. She had learned that there are a million other universes out there, she literally got kidnapped by a spider scientist person, she had become a Gootraxian then turned back into a human, and now she was in a weird lab as a test subject...

It felt rather... ironic. At least, most of it. A few days ago she had been experimenting on living people as if they were lab rats, and now it was the other way around... Sometimes she felt so guilty experimenting on the test subjects that she could barely sleep at night and ended up only getting a few hours of sleep.

She didn't know how long she was out, but Kat finally woke up after what seemed like a lifetime. "You guys still awake?" She called, but there was no answer. She wondered if they were either sleeping or gone to be experimented on... but she didn't want to think about that. Kat got up, beginning to pace around anxiously. 

Then, Kat remembered something. She was still wearing her lab coat, so hopefully... Kat reached into her pocket and pulled out the piece of the Kaiju Crystal she had broken off a while back. Maybe, somehow, this could help her. Kat went over to the barrier around the room and crouched down, still holding the Kaiju Crystal. It could do anything at this point, so why not give it a try? She attempted to put the Kaiju Crystal into the barrier, and to her surprise, it went through. She held onto the first half while the other half of the crystal was poking out of the barrier. She pulled it back through and went to the corner of the barrier, trying it again but at the corner, then pulling it diagonally away from the exact corner of it. It made a tear in the barrier, just big enough for her to go through. Kat lept out of it no problem and pulled the crystal back to her. She put it in her pocket, just in case it may come in handy later.

Kat walked over to the door and slightly opened it, looking left and right. Nobody was in the hallways; for now. Silently, Kat walked over to the room beside hers, guessing it was Chelsea's. She opened it, but unfortunately, Chelsea was nowhere to be seen... Kat proceeded on to the next room, but again, nobody in it. Kat couldn't possibly leave without Chelsea... but she might not get another chance at escaping like this... 

Kat tried to think rapidly about what to do next, but she was torn between looking for Chelsea and escaping now while she had the chance. She knew she had to do 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, but what, exactly?

Kat heard footsteps from behind her, and as she turned around she was met face to face with Warren. She jumped back.

"Ah, I see you somehow found a way to escape. Interesting... I wonder how. Oh well, It doesn't matter." As the robotic spider-like arms unfurled, one stabbed into Kat's shoulder. She screeched, not expecting this whatsoever. Warren held up some sort of gun, and from it a tranquilizer dart shot from it, hitting Kat. She quickly fell unconscious.

She woke up back in the room, with a bandage over her shoulder. As Kat got up, she winced slightly at the wound on her shoulder. She murmured a swear word before beginning to pace more. Kat checked her pocket and was relieved to see that she still had the Kaiju Crystal.

"𝙍𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀𝙀 𝙇𝙀𝙏 𝙈𝙀 𝙂𝙊𝙊𝙊𝙊𝙊𝙊!!" Kat heard Chelsea screech from the other room. "OOF-!" Chelsea huffed.

"Chelsea? Are you okay?" Kat asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright- Are you?" Chelsea said, sounding kind of annoyed.

"Mhm." Kat decided she would tell Chelsea about how she had tried to escape when Aaron was here too. After about half an hour, Kat began to become concerned now. "When is Aaron gonna go back to his room...?" She half murmured.

"Not sure... Cheer up, Kat. We just met the person, he can't mean that much." Chelsea added, hearing the anxiety in Kat's voice.

But it really didn't help. Even though she just met Aaron, she didn't want him to get hurt, she didn't want ANYONE to get hurt, for that matter. After another half an hour, Kat was still pacing, her mind a whirl of everything that's been happening. She still felt so overwhelmed... Why was all this happening? She knew that question wouldn't be answered, at least for a long time.

She was still stressing over if Aaron was hurt, where Joe was, and why she was here when Chelsea broke the silence. "Okay, Now I'm getting a bit worried. It's already been over an hour and a half. Something's wrong."

"I agree, but what are we going to do about it?" Kat said, she could hear her own anxiety in her voice as clear as glass. Chelsea took a moment to respond.

"I'm... not sure. I guess there's not much we 𝘤𝘢𝘯 do. I just hope that soon we can go home." She said.

Kat really wanted a hug right now, so she just imagined herself giving a hug to Chelsea.