Love at Last

"Opening someone's mail is a federal offense!" Kate tried to say while Kylie sat her bony butt on top of her as Jake was opening the letter Zayn had sent her. 

"Yes but I'm sure it's not really when the person is fully aware and is watching even if they are restrained as someone opens their mail." Jake shrugged, his brows furrowing when he finally opened the letter that Kate had tried to run off with but was caught before she could make it to her room.  When they said they would help her, they meant it. Even saving her from herself, if they had to.

I'm at the airport now.   Do not fall in love with someone else!

There was no name from either party, just that simple message.  Reading it twice, he whistled lowly.  Not quite groveling but the fast reaction was rather impressive.  Jake though knew he couldn't give Kate the brief message until after the speed dating thing Kylie was desperate to go to.  Kate would otherwise be too preoccupied to be able to think about much else and at the moment, even he agreed that Kit Kat needed a boost or at least a laugh after the Zayn/Mason situation.

"Kylie off!" Kate whined as she tried to push her blonde roommate off but she wasn't budging. Instead Kylie just made sure to wiggle her butt some more, laughing evilly all the while.  "You're heavy!" Kate protested this time. 

"Are you calling me fat?!" Kylie faked being outraged. 

"Noooo!" Kate cried when Jake decided he too would join the pile by sitting on Kylie's lap.  Jake just laughed though. 

~~~

"Why again are you two here?" Zayn had to ask again when they all got off the plane, only with single backpacks on them that contained just a day's worth of clothes and toiletries.

"Melina's brothers go to UC San Fran.  Figured I could get to know them more and they invited me out. They're sorta like the brothers that I wished I had when I was a kid." Louis shrugged.  "Anyway it's an adventure and one of us has to make sure that you don't screw up again and make Kate cry."

"Which I'm guessing is my job?" Harry asked Louis, looking up at him with a raised brow while finishing his text to Ian Ellis, who was in the city to do business with some of Silicon Valley's major companies.

Louis grinned.  "Well of course,"

Zayn sighed, looking over at Louis.  "Useless." He couldn't help but use the word Melina Hanas used more times than not, when talking to Louis. 

"Hey! Only my girlfriend's allowed to call me that! And if it wasn't for me, you'd probably be coming here to crash Kate's wedding to Mr. Wonderful!" Louis exclaimed while defending himself.

"Louis how are you so dramatic after that long flight? You are such a drama queen." Harry added but didn't let Louis reply when his phone began to ring.  "Hey Ian," He answered with a grin when Louis made faces at him.

~~~

"Over  twenty-fives over here and under twenty-five please make your way into the next room." The hostess said as she gestured. 

"Kylie I don't really want to do this." Kate hissed to her roommate. 

"It'll be fun and will take your mind off Zayn Malik," she said his name none too kindly.

"Kylie," Kate sighed. "This is not my kind of scene."

"I know but I've always wanted to do this and well, it's nice to hear a guy compliment you endlessly in hopes of a date, and if the guy isn't so good, just chalk it up to speed dating. Its a win win situation really." Kylie said squeezing Kate's hand in assurance.