Chapter 1

It's any other day of highschool, my senior year. I've been going here for 4 years now, and frankly it's gotten quite boring.

Middle school does not get you ready for high school no matter how many times they reiterate it, and I've known that fact from my first day.

Middle school felt more like a social experiment more than anything.

Yet none-the-less there was only one thing to look forward to everyday, and that is my teacher from sophomore year.

I had her my sophomore year, it was her first year teaching, fresh out of college, and I could tell she was an anxious mess on her first day, but enthusiastic to start teaching.

Though unfortunately for her no one else seemed to share her enthusiasm. Especially since this was a post COVID year with very few students.

I never talked to my teachers growing up, but some part of me just felt bad for her, so I spoke. I was the only one that talked, and after that first day, she seemed to only really talk to me, when class was almost over I'd find her walking towards my desk to start a conversation.

That year my class was full of a bunch of assholes, so of course she didn't want to bother with them. Not to mention they were the red neck type, annoying, and Republican. (Please no political debates istfg)

Now I found myself stopping by her classroom two times a day, once in the morning, and once at the end of the day, you'd think it'd be obvious I have a thing for her.

My friends seemed to be the only ones to notice, and when they did, they only teased me for it.

There was only one thing. One thing that really kept me from leaping Into this. My teacher Ms. Willow has a boyfriend. And although I've never personally met the guy, just the way she talks about him is proof alone that I shouldn't like him.

I also didn't pine after her out of respect, I mean how would you feel if some hormonal teenager had the hots for you as a teacher? It's unprofessional, and probably considered hella disrespectful and creepy.

So instead I chilled in her classroom, talking about whatever obsessession I have at the time. Letting her judge me, which right now is Ronance.

As of recently though, as in last year I was made aware of her very own obsession, and figured out that I had something to bully her about.

Her undying obsession with the boy band One Direction. Something I had never cared for growing up, being lesbian and all.

I also made her aware of my pure gayness all the time, probably another sign that I like her. Making constant jokes about how gay I am, and forcing a laugh from her.

That's one thing I'm quite proud of. Her laugh. The fact that I get to hear it so often just by making stupid jokes that she laughs at all the time. I can't tell if her humour is broken or if I'm actually funny.

-

That's enough about that, it's a monday morning, and I need to catch the bus.

I looked out my bedroom window, waiting for my bus to arrive, and take me to the school that I've become accustomed to.

You'd think I'd be driving myself to school by now, but let's be real gas is fucking expensive. So for now the bus it is, no matter how awkward it is to be a senior who's still not driving herself to school.

I looked out the curtains of my window until I heard the sound of my bus pass by, forcing me to catch it as it turned around on my dead end road.