ℑ'𝔩𝔩 𝔗𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔈𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 ℑ 𝔎𝔫𝔬𝔴

Seulgi and I sit on one bed and Wendy and Hyeri on the other. Laptops, books, and handwritten notes about the Titanic surround us.

"I'm not finding anything else about Hanna. Are you guys?" I ask.

Hyeri shakes her head.

"Nope," Wendy says. "Your letter tells us almost as much about her as anything else I've seen."

"It's just so weird. Even Joohyuk couldn't find her." I chew on the end of my pen.

Wendy looks over her notes. "Let's run through these connections again. It started wit the dress and a note from her."

"And in my nondreams people accept me as the Mins' niece. I've spent time with Hajoon, but I've never seen Hanna."

"That letter you found was about her. They key Wendy got was to her stateroom. And we're assuming that the dog collar could be from Hanna's Pekingese," Seulgi says. "It's probably fair to assume the seasickness spell is connected as well."

Hyeri lies on her stomach and props her head on her hand. "Didn't that letter talk about Hajoon being sick with 'grippe'? I looked it up. It's an old-fashioned word for the flu. And if he had the flu on the Titanic, he would definitely feel seasick," Hyeri says nonchalantly, and we all look at her.

"Not a bad theory," Wendy says. "And any which way, seasickness refers to being on a boat. So that only leaves the bowler hat."

There's a knock at the door. I cover the old spell book with a pillow.

"Come in!" I say.

Appa peeks his head in. "You girls need anything? I'm headed to bed, but if you get hungry, there's enough food in the kitchen to feed the whole town. Don't stay up too late. Make sure you get some sleep."

We nod in agreement, and he closes the door behind him. We listen as his footsteps disappear down the hallway.

"Are you going to tell him about Mrs. Oh and the potion?" Seulgi asks.

"I just don't see how that could turn out well. You guys see my dad all friendly and happy. But I'm telling you, he does not react well to anything magic-related."

"Whatever you do, just don't get yourself grounded. It will seriously interfere," Hyeri says. "Parents worry."

"Not mine," Wendy says. "I'm not even sure they know what my name is sometimes."

Hyeri wraps her arms around Wendy. "I know I should feel bad for you, and I do. But I also selfishly love that you stay at my house all the time."

Wendy leans her cheek into Hyeri's head.

"Maybe we could just remake the potion from Mrs. Oh's garden and save you the conservation," Seulgi says. "We have the spell book.

"She would know immediately if we went over there," I say. "Plus, it's only just getting warm out, and I'm not sure she's even growing all those things yet. I'm just gonna have to figure something out." I pick up the spell book. "But in the meantime, there's a memory spell in here that might be worth a shot. Maybe help with my nondreams?"

"Can I see it?" Seulgi asks, taking the book from my lap. She skims the page. "We could definitely try this tonight after we call Hanna. Although it looks like a potion might be the better way to go for potency."

I glance at the spell book. How am I going to slip all this spell casting past my dad and Mrs. Oh?

Wendy puts down her notebook. "Speaking of which, we should get started."

"Since we can't easily move the Hanna painting from the attic, and it's where you found the letter I'm thinking we should just do the spell there," Wendy says.