𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥 ℑ𝔰 𝔑𝔬𝔱 𝔄𝔩𝔴𝔞𝔶𝔰 𝔖𝔦𝔪𝔭𝔩𝔢

Hyeri turns to Wendy in the front of the Jeep. "So you agree that Jisoo and Jennie are involved now, right? That your friends are unmistakably right, and that you, no matter how much it pains you, were wrong."

Wendy rolls her eyes and drive away from the curb. "They're involved in some way. I'll give you that. Doesn't prove they're masterminding anything."

Seulgi touches her bottom lip. "They could be working with someone."

"Also, I know you guys said that he's not a Lineage, but don't you find it weird that Wang was involved in pushing a dance theme?" I ask. "Not only did he support it, he convinced the history department to teach it. And Korean history isn't part of this history, more like World or American. This seems extreme."

Wendy pulls up to the curb in front of my house.

"I was just thinking about that," Seulgi says. "Especially after how you said he told you about the dog collar."

I open the Jeep door and get out. My dad's car isn't in the driveway. "If Jisoo and Jennie are connected, doesn't it make sense that he could be, too?"

Wendy walks next to me up my brick driveway. "At this point, I don't know what I know."

Hyeri's face scrunches up. "Weeell, he does have a weird story."

"Also true," Seulgi says.

I open my door for the girls and lock it behind us.

Hyeri stops in the foyer and looks at me. "This is what happened. Wang was some hotshot museum director and moved to Manyeo ten years ago or so. He immediately started fating is now ex-wife, and they fot married super fast. She thought he was a Lineage because of his last name, but two year later it came out that he actually had no relation to the Trials. It was this big scandal, and it destroyed their relationship. They divorced, and that's when he became a teachr at our school."

"You're saying he pretended to be a Lineage? And that his wide actually cared that he wasn't?"

Hyeri nods. "It was all ready dramatic."

"Could he have a grudge against Lineages because of it?" I ask.

"I've never noticed that from him," Seulgi says. "But that doesn't mean he doesn't. He is a history teacher who used to be a museum director. Plus, his love for the Titanic is obvious."

"And he's in our school; he had access to all the people we have access to," I say.

"My instinct is still to say no, but I just said that about Jisoo. And as Hyeri so wonderfully pointed out, I was wrong," Wendy says.

I pause. "Oh, shit. You know what? He came to my house once. A long time ago. Yoomi said he was repairing my window . . . He could've seen Hanna and Hajoon's painting then and known who they were."

"Then we definitely need to look into him," Seulgi says.

"It's way more risky than sifting through Jisoo's room," Hyeri says.

"Not necessarily," I say, even though I hate that I'm suggesting this. "I could ask Joohyuk."

They all look at me.

Seulgi turns for the stairs. "Okay, then. We're gonna head upstairs and start researching Hanna and Hajoon." They girls follow her, with Hyeri stealing glances at me over her shoulder.

I rub my hands over my face. How am I going to start this conversation after I told him I didn't want his help?

I walk into the living room, mumbling to myself, and stop so fast I almost trip. Joohyuk's already there, standing next to the fireplace with his hands behind his back.