ℑ𝔱 𝔚𝔞𝔰𝔫'𝔱 𝔏𝔦𝔨𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔒𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔇𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪

I kick at the loose pieces of cement near Hyeri's Jeep in the school parking lot and check my phone. The last bell rang more than fifteen minutes ago.

"Suzy?" someone says, and I tense. I look up from the ground to find Kang, Jisoo, and Jennie. But no Sehun.

"I thought you were out today. I didn't see you in History," Kang says.

I scan the parking lot, looking for the Lineages. "I was."

Jisoo examines her nails and acts like I don't exist.

"Man, I wish my parents would let me stay home," Kang says. "I have to do full-on theatrics and throw myself on the floor when I'm sick. And most of time they still say no."

"Same," Jennie says. "And with all this dance planning and organizing, Jisoo and I barely have a minute to breathe. After it's all over, I'll probably just collapse."

"Exactly. So don't come near us if you're contagious." Jisoo says with more force than she needs to, and rubs her glossy lips together.

"I'm not sick," I say.

"If that's the case, so you wanna join us? We're gonna grab a bite with Sehun at his mom's bakery," Kang offers.

Jisoo gives him a death glare.

They're going to Sugar Spells? I'm liking Kang dating Jennie even less now. I point to Hyeri's Jeep. "Thanks, but I'm meeting Wendy, Hyeri, and Seulgi."

"Omo, don't tell me you stayed home because you had to confront a ghost or something," Jennie says, like I'm a fascinating headline. "I can't even imagine."

Before I can respond, Damon rounds the corner of the big SUV parked next to Hyeri's Jeep and bumps into Jisoo's bookbag. He doesn't apologize.

"Ugh! Watch where you're going. This bag's suede," Jisoo says with a good dose of drama.

"Wait, 'old on," Damon  says, and stops walking. "It's made outta suede?"

And here we go.

Damon smiles. "You want to tell us 'ow much it costs, too, Jisoo? I'm sure we'd all be impressed."

I think I like this guy.

"If you're jealous that I'm going to hang out with Sehun, just say it," Jisoo says, looking quite pleased with herself.

Was that for my benefit or his?

"Jealous of Sehun?" Damon looks at me pointedly and back at Jisoo. He laughs. "Nope."

Jisoo turns red as Damon walks away. "You're such an ass, Damon," she calls after him.

"And 'ere I thought you had dibs on that." Damon says without turning around.

An embarrassed Jisoo glares at me, and I realized I'm smiling. "You think he's funny?"

How did this get turned on me? "Whoa—"

"I know I do," Wendy says behind me. "Now move it before Hyeri undoes your nose job."

Hyeri winks at Jisoo as she comes to my side. Jisoo's hand shoots to her face protectively and her lips tighten.

Jennie pulls Jisoo away from us. "Let's go." Jennie looks at me. They saunter off with their matching white jeans and black knee-high boots.

Kang rubs his neck, looking guilty. "Sorry, Suzy. Really."

"It's fine," I say, and he walks away.

"They've been acting entitled like that since they could talk," Hyeri says.