43| Chosen

"What?!" I snapped ferociously in anger. Andy took a step back nervously. "Are you kidding me?!"

Andy looked at Zach and then at Ethan, her eyes darting between the two men in silent pleading. She didn't know how to deal with my angry self and if only I could sympathize or think better. 

"I'm sorry, baby, she has a wedding to attend." Andy replied in a meek tone, her notepad in her hands, pressed against her chest.

Internally, I seethed, I see red.

I don't understand where this anger came from or why but all I knew was dammit the world just turned so much more annoying today. Unconsciously, I rubbed my belly and walked over to the couch and landed my bum over it and groaned in satisfaction as I slumped back on it.

"Did you try to call my Mamma?" I asked sharply.

Alarmed, Andy again looked over at Zach and Ethan. I was sitting beside them while they watched some football game.

Andy was hosting my Baby Shower tomorrow and I was soon closing in on my seventh month. Time was passing by impossibly slow and yet incredibly fast. 

Right now, Andy was telling me about all the guests who'd RSVP'd. I made sure that the party was a small and thus an intimate gathering. I didn't want a big deal out of it when I wasn't even going to keep my baby.

Andy's Mom, Charlotte, had canceled on the event. Having her at my shower would've meant the world to me and knowing that she won't be able to make it honestly just broke my heart.

Andy stayed silent and I saw Zach nodding at her from my peripheral vision.

"Um, Zar," He touched my shoulder. I wiggled out of his grip, grinding my teeth.

"What?"

With a soft expression, he said, "Your mother won't pick up the call."

Some of the tension in my jaw loosened at the revelation. "What?" My face fell.

"I'm really sorry, darling, but I don't think she'll want to come." Andy continued gently. 

My nostrils flared. I made a move to get up but dear god if even something as simple as getting up didn't take a lot of goddamn effort during pregnancy!

With a grunt, I finally managed to get myself up after a few seconds of struggle. 

"Fine." I said in a business like tone, crossing my arms over my chest. "Charlie's not coming, so is not my mother. Who's next? Rehaan?"

The look I gave the two of them was enough to let them know that if Rehaan canceled not only would he be dead but so would be the two of them.

And Ethan if he intervened.

He was just back from his Honeymoon and Blair had to go straight to work so he came over to watch the game with Zach. Noticing my mood, he'd been wise and not said much.

"No, no, Rehaan and Scott are definitely coming." Andrea replied with confidence.

I eyed her for a moment before turning my gaze around to Zach. "Did you invite your Dad?"

He shook his head. "I know he wouldn't be able to make it."

Ethan looked up. "Wait, you didn't even ask him?"

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's so stupid!" Zach blinked in surprise. "You should've at least asked him."

"Mira asked if she could bring her sister." Andrea stated, no doubt hoping to take my attention away from Zach.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, of course she can. What else?"

"Oh, Addy's coming too!"

Well that kind of melted my heart. Addison was my sweetheart. But nothing seemed to calm the storm brewing within me and I had no way of explaining it.