"I have to freshen up so do make yourself and your glam team comfortable," Scarlet said sarcastically and went back into the bathroom.

This was one of those times Scarlet wished she wasn't in this world and as she lay in the bathtub the unanswered questions in her mind resurfaced once again whatever Roman and her father were talking about was serious and she needed to get to the bottom of it.

When she came out of the bathroom the glam team and Michelle were already done with their preparations, the dress she was going to wear was already on the hanger, and the make-up team had already set up the dressing table, she stared at everything and rolled her eyes which was becoming a habit with Roman and everything related to him, if she had her way she would lock herself up in this room, in as much as the gala was something that she has always looked forward to, at this moment she didn't mind missing it, everything was a mess she wasn't in control anymore and that's the worst thing that could happen to her.

"Are you ready ma'am?" One of the makeup artists said.

"Yeah," Scarlet said sarcastically and took the seat.

After what seemed like thirty minutes they were finally done with her, the makeup, dress, shoes, and accessories were all her perfect size and fit, as she took in her reflection in the mirror she couldn't help but admire her very own reflection.

"You look amazing sugar, and working on you was effortless because of how beautiful you already are, it was an honour working with you," the makeup artist said.

"You welcome but how did you get my perfect size of everything?" Scarlet asked.

"Mr. Roman personally picked everything you have on ma'am," Michelle said.

"I don't understand........." Scarlet began to say but was cut short by a knock on the door.

Michelle went over to open the door and then froze on the spot when she did then began stuttering but as Scarlet was about to ask who it was, the only Roman black stepped in and immediately the room went silent.

"Speaking of the devil" Scarlet muttered.

"Out," Roman said and immediately everyone left the room.

"Why are you here Roman?" Scarlet asked when she heard the door close.

"You should wear this" Roman said ignoring her question.

He brought out a diamond necklace from a pouch and handed it to her, Scarlet stared at it confused.

"Why?" She asked.

"Turn around," Roman said ignoring her question.

Scarlet turned to face the mirror and Roman wore her the necklace, having him so close to her made her heart beat faster for reasons she couldn't explain, his fingertip grazed her neck a little and it took the breath away from her, her body had a reaction of its own and as if Roman knew what he was doing he closed the little gap between them the warmth of his body engulfed her and how he towered over her but was a perfect fit for her was unexplainable, they stood there like that for a while getting drowned in each others scent, the silence and Roman's finger travelling down her spine little by little like they were placing kisses with every touch made scarlet groan a little and weakened her legs, her breathing became heavy and her thoughts clouded with things she wanted to do to him this very moment.

"Don't enjoy it too much" Roman whispered in her ear then took a step back.

And just like that as if the light switch was turned on Scarlet snapped out of the lustful fantasy she was in and embarrassment washed all over her, her body and mind were betrayers but she had to put them in check this shouldn't repeat itself, so she turned to face him.

"You wish," she said faking confidence.

Without saying a word Roman left the room and Scarlet let out the breath she's been holding, whatever that was had a bad effect on her, Roman was dangerous not only as her boss but also dangerous to her mind and heart, she had to stop whatever this was as soon as possible.

********************************************************************** ROMAN&SCARLETT.

THANKS FOR READING

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

*INTRODUCING PATRON SUBSCRIPTION:

So Based on popular demands from my readers that always ask for quicker and more chapter updates I decided to double-task myself just for you guys by making a patron subscription.

*What is the patron subscription?

The patron subscription gives you access to New chapters days before they are posted here on Wattpad which means quicker updates, specific days for updates, and also you get to read ahead! When you subscribe to any of my patron's packages you get the New chapter ahead of Wattpad and also get to read the next chapter weeks before it's being updated here on Wattpad, there is also a discord to discuss the book and patron shoutout's !!! So click on the link below ⬇️ and become a patron today!

patreon.com/Victoriousallen22

XOXO