II - Offer and Gift

Beginne am Anfang

It appears he started the assassination as a warning to my family, saying that no one can defy the Shinomiya, either by obeying them or being cast aside. I really don't understand the philosophy of those bastards, treating other people like pawns.

When my grandfather found out who the perpetrator was, he fully committed himself to bringing the Shinomiya's down to give his daughter and son-in-law justice. Two weeks after my parents's funeral, he called in several favors to ensure its success. Luckily, a few influential families answered the call. The Hinanawi, Kicchou, Saigyouji, Houraisan, Hijiri, and Yakumo families answered the call, and the most surprising is that the Tsurumaki also answered their grandfather's call.

(A/N: You may notice the last name of my OC is Nagae from Touhou Project, well after playing Touhou Lost Word for 2 years, I'm officially hooked on the game, and their names are basically stuck in my brain since then.)

After weeks of conflict, my grandfather won the fight against the Shinomiya. It turns out, according to the current Shinomiya head, Shinomiya Gan'an, his son acted on his own without the entire family knowing and proposed the engagement for his own interest. Gan'an was open to any demands from my grandfather.

He was aware that even the Shinomiya hold the majority of Japan; no way can he face seven of the most powerful families in Japan. The Tsurumaki is one thing, but facing the Yakumo family is equal to a death sentence, as the Yakumo are a well-known family that controls the criminal underworld of Japan. Only the influential families are aware of this fact; if the truth comes out, there will be a nationwide panic. Luckily, the current head is pretty laid-back, so that's a plus for us.

Luckily, things didn't go overboard, as it was decided that the eldest was disowned and banished from the Shinomiya family, all of his assets and accounts frozen indefinitely. The shocker is that the Shinomiya head willingly gave 10% of their shares to the Nagae family as compensation and promised that the Shinomiya would assist the Nagae family when the time came. My grandfather accepted the offer. Perhaps I judged them too harshly.

Eiji-san took a quick glance at me, probably seeing me getting nervous and he said to me:

Eiji: Getting nervous, Riku-sama?

Riku: *sigh* honestly, yeah, it's been a while since I saw him, and we had talked less compared to when mom and dad were still here.

Eiji: I'm sure that Oyakata-sama will try to talk it out with you. So stop thinking about what's going to happen in the future for now, focus what's in front of you. Aside from your cousins, he is your only family left, and you're the only one he has left. so he truly cares about you. Try to talk it out with him, and I'm sure you'll be able to talk to each other like the old days.

Eiji-san's advice cleared my doubts. He's right; I just need to focus on the now. As I cleared my head, we reached the door to my grandfather's office.

Eiji: We have arrived. Riku-sama, once I knock on this door, the rest is entirely up to you.

I silently nod in response. And Eiji proceeds to knock on the door.

*Knock* *knock*

???: Yes.

Eiji: Oyakata-sama, I have brought Riku-sama.

???: Bring him in.

As Eiji-san turns the doorknob, he nods as a signal for me to go inside. I took a deep breath. He opened the door and entered the room. As I entered, he closed the door, leaving me and my grandfather alone inside.

3rd POV

As Riku entered the room, he saw an elderly man who appeared to be in his early 50s, but in truth, he was actually 74 years old. He has short, light violet-blue hair with dark red eyes that look like a predator is about to jump on its prey. He's standing at 5'9 and has a well-built body for someone that old. He is wearing a black suit with a dark-blue tie. The man standing in front of Riku is none other than the current head of the Nagae family. Nagae Kyoya.