Thirty four

Izuku pov

I had done nothing besides lay in bed all day and mess around with the settings of my new cellphone. I had managed to restore everything I had in my old busted cellphone. Contacts, pictures, even old music playlists.

I went through my gallery scrolling through the random photos, random screenshots from hero forums. It seemed really important to me at that time. I clicked on the photo and deleted it. No use for it now, I guess. I closed the gallery app and scrolled through my contacts.

Only three, Mom, Aunt Mitski, and Kacchan. Mom had given me their numbers since she took up multiple jobs throughout the day and often didn't come home till 3am. I'd walk to Mitski's house afterschool sometimes Kacchan would be headed the same way and we'd awkwardly walk together. Aunt Mitski would give me dinner boxes and send me back on my way home.

That's how most days would go I'd mostly spend my time at home doing homework. Under a strict rule that I shouldn't go outside when mom was out working. She worried a lot about making sure I was safe.

I still went outside though, sometimes I leaned on the balcony exactly at sunset. I'd watch as the orangey skies set to a cool blue. Shivering as the cold fall breeze came in. I'd look down and watch the people below. Like ants, going about their way.

"Izu." Inko said poking her head through the slightly closed door. I jumped sitting up, turning my head towards her.
"Dinners ready." She said opening the door a little before leaving. I threw my phone on the bed and sat up. I stretched my arms letting out a small sigh.

"Coming." I let a breath escape my mouth. I paced through the hallway scratching my head. When I got to the kitchen she had prepared steamed vegetables with salami. I smiled and sat down.

She placed a few pans in the sink before sitting down. I grabbed the fork and began eating looking at the delicious food on my plate. She slowly grabbed her fork poking at the food. I looked up from my plate noticing that she looked disinterested at the plate.

"Is everything okay?" I said in between chews. Mom nodded still looking at her plate.
"A bit full, that's all." She smiled looking at me. She motioned me to keep eating. I picked at the salami.

"Izuku, I have work tomorrow," She said, I just nodded, "means you gotta stay alone for a few hours."
"I'll manage." I said gulping down my food. I reached for the cup of water and washed down the rest.

"Are you sure?" She said avoiding eye contact.

"Yea I'm positive," I said chuckling, "why? you think I'm gonna..." I went quiet and mom did too. Mom cleared her throat and stood up slowly picking up our plates. I sat there in silence.

"You think I might try to jump again?" I asked, mom had her back turned. She turned on the faucet staying silent. I furrowed my eyebrows and I stood up.

I opened my mouth to say something but I stopped myself from doing so. I stood silently staring at her back as she washed the dishes. I walked to my room disappointed, shutting the door behind me.

I let myself fall on the bed staring at the ceiling. I blinked a few times my eyes going blurry with tears.