Twenty one (trigger warning)

Bakugou pov

I haven't been able to shut my eyes ever since that day. I've been in bed all night just thinking.

Just remembering, that day.

I saw the way he fell from stories high. The way  he spread out his arms.

A swan dive.

The moment when he was inches away from inevitable death. I squeezed my eyes shut.

Crack!

The unnatural sound of a thousand bones cracking at the same time. Students were gasping, they were screaming, running.

I only opened my eyes for a split second. The way his body laid in a twisted position. The pools of blood slowly seeping through the cracks of concrete.

His eyes wide open.

The image was permanently burned into my mind. A reminder of what I caused.

I couldn't bear to attend the funeral, mom comforted me. But it wasn't me that needed the comfort.

Inko visited often after that, she was all alone. And she looked like a mess, she always had dark circles under her eyes. She's the one that needed comforting, and my mom happily invited her over.
_

Month's eventually passed, I stopped having night terrors. I stopped seeing his twisted limbs in my dreams. I stopped blaming myself.

I went on with my life, I went to UA. I made friends.

I almost forgot about that stupid nerd.

Almost.
_

I looked at the clock the read 4:37 am

I looked at the clock the read 4:37 am. I sank into the pillows letting out a sigh. This was going to be a long day.