Thirty six

Katsuki pov

I put the clean plate on the drying rack and turned around. The old hag spared me a glance before returning to her tv show. She got a ping on her cellphone, ignoring it before it started pinging more. Messages came flooding in, thins time she looked down unlocking her phone. A sense of urgency flushed over her face immediately standing up turning off the tv.

"What's going on?" I ask staring at her weirdly. She ignores my question walking past me, snatching her purse. I turn to look at her clearing my throat. She looks up "Something came up with Inko," she walked towards the front door putting on her shoes.

"Is she ok?" I asked crossing my arms while leaning on the wall. The old hag scrunched up her face and sorta nodded yes and no. She opened the door and was about to step outside, "can I come?" I asked.

"No, you don't have to." She said digging for her keys in her purse.

"I want to." I said. She stopped and looked at me sarcastically, "since when do you ever tag along?"

"Since now." I snapped back.

"Katsuki just stay here, you have nothing to worry about." She continued rummaging through her purse. I huffed, staring at her, "nothing to worry about?" I said raising and eyebrow, her phone still continued to ping constantly. She let out a sigh in frustration, "what is with your attitude?! And where are my keys!" She said raising her voice.

"And what's with the secrecy lately?" I kept annoying her, hoping I'd get something out of her. She glared at me.

"You better stop that right now." She lowered her voice at an attempt to sound serious.

I un-crossed my arms jingling the keys in front of her. She squeezed her eyes shut letting out a deep sigh. "Give them to me." She demanded.

My phone started ringing, I balled the keys into my fist and took out my phone with the other hand. I read the caller ID and almost shit my pants. I probably looked like a ghost because my moms angry expression became worrisome.

"What?" She said leaning towards the phone. Her eyes read the text realizing, she sighed massaging her temples. I stood there confused looking at the old hag.

It was deku. "How-?' I said before she interrupted me. "He's alive." She said blatantly.

"But I saw-"

"He came back to life" She reiterated.

"When." I said staring straight into her eyes.

"Last week."

"Last week?!" I shook my head trying to process.

"I wasn't planning on telling you." She replied coldly.

"What? Why not?" I asked, she scoffed not answering my question. I was still confused but I was more pissed than confused. "Why not." She stood silently almost thinking of an explanation.

"I don't know." She said quietly.

"You don't know? Really?!" I said raising my voice.

"Why the fuck would you not tell me about this!" I said yelling at her.

She yelled back in anger, "Don't you get it?" She furrowed her eyebrows, "because you are the reason he-" She covered her mouth before she could say any further.

My face went blank, and just nodded, walking past her heading outside.

"Katsuki, you're an asshole. You did some things that-" she said lowering her voice.

"And you think that I don't regret that?" I shrugged.

"You don't think that everyday I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from being such a dick?"

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket as I started walking on the sidewalk. I tried calling back, and it went straight to voicemail.

"Where are you going?" The old hag yelled, I turned around chucking the keys. They landed on the porch, I turned back around and started jogging.

I'm going to apologize. I ran down the street, having no sense of direction. I just went where my legs carried me.