053. married the wrong woman

Start from the beginning

"Right. Right. Uh... look, Larissa, we had a... a good run." Sam puts his hand on her shoulder. "But it's over. I've found a woman that I really love and... it's just not gonna work out between us."

Larissa stares at him like he's grown three heads as he goes back to Dean.

"Say something. Like, uh, like congratulations, for example." Sam says.

"What?" Dean asks.

The bridal chorus starts to play and the doors open to reveal a woman in a wedding dress and a veil is covering her face.

"What the hell?" Dean mumbles. He looks at Larissa who looks beyond lost. The woman stops in front of the brothers and Sam lifts the veil to reveal Becky Rosen.

"Becky?" Dean questions.

Larissa's jaw drops to the floor, her eyes as wide as saucers.

"Dean. I'm so glad you're here." Becky grins. "And, uh... you." She waves in Larissa's direction.

~ ~ ~

"Shouldn't she ask for my permission?" Dean asks.

"Or mine?" Larissa adds. She glares at Sam and Becky's hands, Becky trailing her finger along Sam's wedding ring.

"Y-You want her to ask for my hand?" Sam asks.

"How in the-- how did this happen?" Dean asks.

"Short version? We-we-- we met. We ate and talked and fell in love. And, you know, here we are." Sam smiles.

""Here we are"?" Larissa asks, Sam smiling and shrugging. ""Here we are"?!" She repeats louder.

"Yeah, I-I guess I'm all caught up. That's-- okay. You know what? Ignoring everything, have you forgotten the average lifespan of your hookups? I mean, honestly, Rissy's lucky enough to be alive right now."

"Wh-- hey." She frowns at him.

"You can't really argue." Dean says. "I'm shocked you haven't died."

"I have died, thank you very much."

"And you made it back. But even then you died before you got together, so... you know, who knows?"

"Look, if anyone knows that, it's me. I mean, I read every book. So, open eyes, you know? Open eyes." Becky smiles.

"I'm gonna be sick." Dean says.

"Least you didn't get dumped five seconds to your now ex's wedding." Larissa mutters.

"Dean, look, it's simple. If something good's happening, I-I got to jump on it. Now, today, uh, period." Sam says.

"Something good was happening! Me!" Larissa exclaims.

"Okay, Dead Poet's Society. Fine." Dean tells Sam. "No offense." He tells Becky. "Did you make sure she's even really--"

"Salt, holy water, everything. See?" Becky holds her right arm out to show a cut. "Not a monster. Just the right girl for your brother." She grins.

"Ah." Dean whispers.

"That's it." Becky says.

"Wha-- no. No, I was--" Larissa can't even complete a full sentence, not even sure how many emotions are going through her right now. "Okay, this is-- this is too fucking bizarre. I... I don't even--"

The three watch her wave her hands around, searching for words. She lets out a laugh of disbelief, Dean being the only one to see the pain in her eyes.

"I need to leave before I actually fucking lose my mind any further. So..." Larissa walks back down the aisle.