Bet

Ban twitch his lips "He claim himself to be a Titan? Interesting.." He rub his chin pondering.

Eliza also felt amused but then replaced by a worried face. She said to Ban "Be careful on your match. Do not underestimate your opponent. If Ms. Candy says that the goal of their group is to claim the top ranks, then he might really be strong." She never would've imagined that this Arena was a very brutal place.

People died everyday in the Arena and Ban will also going to have a deathmatch a few minutes later. She wanted to persuade Ban to withdraw his match fearing something bad might happen to him but she also fear Ban may also hate her for being such a nuisance. She could only remind Ban to be careful. Anyway, she could tell Ban wouldn't make some reckless decision just to throw his life away easily after knowing him. She could feel his confidence and he is also strong after witnessing his terrifying technique from the sparring.

"Mmm." Ban nodded gently to Eliza.

"Brother Whiss, look.." John pointed beside Ban's chair.

Ban and the others look at the LCD screen beside Ban's chair. In fact, all of the chair in the room has one. The screen was presenting the next match and the ratio of the bet.

--

=NEXT MATCH=

WHISS (1:5)

VERSUS

TITAN THE DESTROYER (5:1)

BATTLE STARTS IN 29 MINUTE(S) 7 SECOND(S) COUNTDOWN...

THE BET WILL STOP AFTER THE COUNTDOWN

--

John and others were confused at the betting ratio.

Candy laugh and said "The betting ratio depends on how the popular the Fighter was. Titan The Destroyer's group is very powerful from the rumors, so the management lower his winning bet ratio just like you see in the screen."

"Oh? So that means if I bet 1 dollar on myself, I'll get 5 dollars in return if I happen to win this match?" Ban inquired.

Candy nodded and said "That's right."

Ban turn to look at John and ask "Do you have money with you? I'd like to borrow some."

John was silent for a second. He was weighing the pros and cons about the match. He knew Ban was strong but hearing the might of his opponent might also strong, in fact strong enough to target the impossible top ranks, he waver a little. However, he needed a thigh to latch onto so he gritted his teeth and he go all out. He said seriously "Brother, I have 100 million on me right now. I have faith that you will win tonight so this card will be my gift to you. You don't need to return it to me, I am just happy to befriend a man like you. Treat it as a pocket money."

Miller gawk for a while. He knew that much money covers almost 10 percent of John's overall asset. He whispered in a low voice "S-Sir.."

John felt a weight had been lifted inside his heart as he wave his hand to stop Miller. He pass a golden bank card to Ban and said "Here you go, Brother."

Ban was silent for a moment. He only look at John not saying anything. In fact, he was quite surprised inside. He only intended to borrow 100k dollars at most but he didn't think the guy suddenly went all out. Ban could clearly see the determination deep within John's eyes.

Even Eliza and Candy were startled at the amount. They look at John with raising their eyebrows. They thought 'Giving so much money just to befriend a man he didn't know. Such a weird guy.'

"Mmm. But you don't need to give me that much money. I only need 100k dollars at most." Ban wave his hand in refusal. He owe this man a little and now he even wants to give him a hundred million.