Military Instructor

Ban was blasted away a few meters while parrying the attack. He look at the man in shock. 'This is my limit of strength. What the! This man is so powerful!'

He felt numb on his wrist while gazing at the fist of the man.

The man also look at Ban with the same expression. He didn't think his all out attack would be blocked just like that. The man only tested Ban's strength. He would pull out if he knows that Ban didn't have a capability to counter on time. But who know Ban reacted fast and instead initiate to block his attack.

After the staring contest, the man composed himself and smiled genially as if the sneak attack earlier didn't happen.

The man introduce himself "You are indeed as I thought young man. By the way, I am Two-Star Major General Vernard Mist. I currently hold the army in this region. Those kids outside were my grand kids" He chuckled and walk to Ban.

Ban was surprised once again. 'This man look like in his 40's and have a grand children aged in 30's? You're kidding right? Also his rank, how many ranks were under him?' His brain work fast and realized that this man was like him indeed. Just like the novels, every supernaturals have maintain their young look as they grow powerful.

Ban didn't lower his guard and perform a small nod and also introduce himself "My name is Ban Rocks. Nice to meet you Sir. May I know what Sir is referring to?"

"A superhuman. But most of us call ourselves as Human Divergents or just Divergents." Vernard smiled gently at Ban.

Ban had a look of interest in his face. He wants to know more about it.

Vernard chuckled at his expression and wave his hand "Looks like you are clueless about all of it. Before I explain to you about that, let's talk about what you have done to Major Rogers. Follow me to my office young man." He walk to the exit where George and Eliza waited.

The exited the so called dojo and they were welcome by the two half siblings.

"Grandpa! What are you two doing in there? I feel a tremor just now inside. What happened?" Eliza's innocent face look curiously at her grandfather while shaking his arms.

Vernard didn't mind her like that as he spoiled her so much. He pinch her cheeks and scolded "You lass. I was away for a while and you already making some trouble outside? Looks like your training will be added by a level of difficulty once again huh." He pinch her cheek that Eliza cry out annoyingly.

Eliza pouted "I-It's not my fault that guy was stressing himself and became a vegetable like that. Big Brother! Help me persuade grandpa on my training. That workout is so boring. I want to practice sniping instead!"

George turned a blind eye to it as he was also afraid of his grandfather. He thought in his head 'You ungrateful brat. I was punished more than you earlier. My difficulty became doubled by catching your punishment. I can do your workout even a thousand times a day. What are you complaining for?' George felt like crying inside. He came here a few days ago and what welcome him was a hellish training by his grandfather. He was also punished by his grandfather earlier about his schemes resulting in Rogers' coma.

Eliza pouted even more and chattered nonstop making her grandfather lift her punishment with a shake in his head making the young woman jump in joy.

Ban look at the three with a little envy in his eyes. 'Having a family sure is fun.'

...

Arriving at Vernard's office...

Vernard told his grand kids to return to their quarters for training while he was having a private talk with Ban.