Deal

Vernard gawkingly stared at Ban. He ask "You are a Fighter? What's your rank then?" He felt it was unbelievable that this young man is a Fighter in the Underground Arena.

Ban said calmly "I am an Unranked Fighter since I just registered not long ago."

Vernard inspected Ban from up close. He thought in his mind 'This kid is so young and already a genius. But that arena is a brutal place.' He shook his head and ask "Since you registered there, you should know the brutality of that place right? Even us authorities don't meddle in the affairs of that place."

Ban replied calmly "Yes. I want to fight there for the money. Since I am now a part of the arena, there is no turning back. I can only blame my bad luck if I ended up dying to that place."

Vernard let out a sigh and said "Alright, I will agree to your request. You will attend once a month. But don't slack off and also attend once you have free time to train the soldiers. Deal?"

Ban thought for a while and thought it's just the same so he shake the hands of Vernard for the agreement.

Vernard cheerfully laugh as if his plan was a success. He said while recalling "Right, my grand daughter is also my assistant so if you train the soldiers, you will be accompanying her every plan you have for them." He smiled like a fox while narrowing his eyes.

Ban expression went stiff for a moment. He thought in his mind 'As I thought. Well, having a beauty by my side doesn't lessen my benefits. But I think this old man is planning something about it. I can't really lower my guard all the time.' He wryly laugh.

Ban composed himself and ask "So Sir, can you tell me about this Divergent you are talking about earlier? I'm quite interested about it." He look unblinkingly at Vernard.

Vernard laugh while waving his hand "It's not like it is a secret though. Once you enter the Underground Arena, you will eventually found everything you are looking for."

"Just a brief explanation will do." Ban didn't let go of the matter and insisted to ask Vernard.

Vernard nodded and smiled "Okay. Since you really want to know that much, I will tell you everything. Ask away kid."

Ban hurriedly ask "What are this Divergents and how to determine them? Sir is also a Divergent, how much strength are you compared to mine?" He knew that the answer will be important to him as he also want to know if they have the same term as him.

"Devergents, like I said earlier, they are the ones who have supernatural powers like you and me. We gain that power through training on physical strength and break our limits and have a breakthrough on our mortal self. There are two types of Divergents. The first one is Enchant Divergents. Just like me, I broke through on training having my body became tough and can withstand powerful physical attacks. Even bullets don't leave a scratch on our bodies if we train more. I can also guess that you are like me since your body is tough and fast like lightning. The second type is Elemental Divergents. They are the kind of Divergents that uses elements at will. For example, a person have an element of fire. He can control the fire to attack or defend." Vernard look at Ban who was pondering.

He continued "Enchant Divergents and Elemental Divergents also have weaknesses. Enchant Divergents are weak on Elemental attacks like elements of fire, wood, earth, metal, water, ice, wind etc. While the Elemental Divergents on the other hand have a weakness in their physical bodies. Though Elemental Divergents are powerful individuals, they will die if the Enchant Divergents overpowered them. Both have balance in themselves." Vernard sip his tea while looking at Ban.

Ban was surprised deep inside 'Does that mean I am a Enchant Divergent? Wait, I can use Elements. Does that also mean I am a Elemental Divergent? I am confused right now.' He cough and ask Vernard "Uhh. Is there any type that can hold both type of Divergents? Like they are strong in physical strength and elements?."

Vernard was surprised at first but chuckled "Hah! If you mean an Elemental Divergent are good in elements but also has a good physical strength, then it is normal. But since that person can use elements at will then he or she is categorized as Elemental Divergent. Although he has good physical strength, his or her elemental energy is much more powerful. There is only a ratio of 80% in elements and 20% in physical strength for a Elemental Divergents at most. The same with Enchant Divergents with 80% in physical strength and 20% in elements."

Ban ask "How was ratio of Sir's physical strength compare to elements then?" He look curiously. He thought 'There is no way that my powers are like that ratio. I have 50% in both as balance. I level up both my Physical strength and Elemental energy simultaneously. Although my elements doesn't compared to my physical strength for now, it is catching up in a fast pace. What's weird is that I have multiple elements. I can feel light, fire, water, earth, wind, ice etc. in my body. My light element is the strongest, I don't know why but I think it has something to do with my reborn body. Also I don't know what element that purple light yet.' He shook his head.

Vernard raise his eyebrow and said casually "I am a 100% physical strength person. I am an Enchant Divergent since I dont have any affinity of elements. Most of Divergents were Enchant ones."

Ban ask once again "If a person for example was just like Sir an Enchant Divergent, What if he suddenly awaken an element, does that mean that he will become an Elemental Divergent or maybe balanced? He is either Enchant nor Elemental Divergent?" He look curiously.

Vernard smiled and said "There were many cases just like you said. But once a person advance to the 1st Order of power, he will only advance on one type. Example, He advance on physical strength first before his element. The element after that will not progress for some unknown reasons and his physical strength will grow exponentially and vice versa."

Ban was enlightened a little and ask "What 1st Order? Is that a way to say a level of a person?"

Vernard nodded "Indeed. We have a device that can measure the level of a person and its elements. Usually, a person can have 3 elements at most. He can be considered a monstrous genius having to control 3 elements. Most people have 1 element but it is considered very good in most people. As for improving that element, one need to go to their corresponding place for a breakthrough. If a fire affinity person needs to level up, he will go to a volcano for a comprehension on his element to awaken his element but it is very very hard to do."

Ban ask "What Order level is Sir then?" He wanted to know his level.

Vernard got annoyed having Ban asking so many questions. He knew this will take some time to explain since he didn't plan to explain those things to Ban as the Underground Arena will explain it to him slowly. He still said "Earlier, I used all of my physical strength on that punch. I am in 7th Order in level young man. I can also guess that you are the same as me."

Ban widened his eyes in surprise. He thought 'No. I am in 4th Order. How is that possible? Did my device made a miscalculation? Was it broken?' Just as Ban wanted to ask for Vernard's device to check his current level accurately, Vernard wave his hand annoyed.

"I'm tired answering your unending questions young man. I'll tell you more another day. You can go back first. You can come back tomorrow for finalization and items here. Even though you don't have a rank, being a Military instructor was only under a general rank. Any rank below general will be under your rank." Vernard smirk.

Ban nodded reluctantly as he have many questions more. He bid goodbyes and went outside.

Before he walk out of the door, he heard Vernard "The Underground Arena have the answers to your doubts about a balanced power in Divergents young man. That place is a ver mysterious one. That is a considered mission for you, to investigate the place." Vernard wave his hand asking Ban to close the door.

"The Arena?"

Ban mused for a second and close the door.