Chapter 9: Journey to Fort Alnus

During the trip, Piña and Mike were conversing with questions mostly from Piña about how strong the United States, and many other things related to that topic.

Meanwhile, Bozes also conversed with the members of the USMC in the Cougar MRAP.

Hoping she can wrest some information from them.

After all, information was power, Piña needs as much as she can get her hands on to give her an edge in this desperate situation.

As they continued their way towards the USMC headquarters in the New World, the scenery changed bit by bits.

Signing they arrived the territory controlled by the USMC.

The scenery there was no longer familiar to Piña and Bozes.

What had once been a bare hill now a fortress.

A flight of three helicopters on a training mission greeted Piña, as they turned overhead while flying a Nap-Of-Earth course.

Their powerful engines created a mighty downwash that seemed like it was going to sweep the surface clean.

Hunter 2-1 drove down the newly-built road among the flying sand and dust.

After passing the squad of the OPL (Outpost Picket Line).

They entered the territory controlled by the USMC.

The large space they had just entered was called the FEBA (Forward Edge of the Battle Area), which was used as a training and practice area.

At the same time, it was a boneyard for numerous Wyvern corpses, as well as where the children of Coda Village's refugees went to work.

The first thing Piña saw was the USMC troops formed up into squads with a flagbearer at their head holding their unit flag high above himself.