24

Kevin's Pov 

I opened my eyes being met with a bright light. "Word to my mother turn that sh-" I started before i heard doug screaming. "He's awake!" doug says happily and quashawn leaves the room. I looked around realizing where i was and all the flashbacks from last night came into my mind. I saw a vehicle coming by they were going to hit elijah. 

Word to my dead i wasn't bout to let him get hit and i didn't hesitate to move him out of the way. "Doug where's elijah?" I ask and doug looks down. "We haven't seen him since last night. he was really upset and so was i you had me scared twin" Doug says and i give him a sad smile. "Come on dougz you can't get rid of me that easy" I say. 

Doug looked down laughing a little before looking back up at me smiling. I loved that i was able to make him smile even in this sad moment. Soon the door opened and elijah walked in and sent doug a look and doug silently got up and left. 

Third Person Pov 

Elijah stood in the room emotionless he tried to be strong for what he was about to do but how do you prepare yourself for this? "I'm glad you made it" Elijah says honestly not being able to look kevin in the eye. "Kay what happened was horrible and i don't want it to happen again" Elijah says. 

"I think we should just pretend what happened didn't happen and go back to being-" Elijah starts before he heard kevin scoff. "Yeah good joke e" Kevin says and elijah frowns finally looking kevin in the face. "I'm not joking i could have lost you! We knew we couldn't do this but we did it anyway" Elijah says. 

"What happened to opps attract i thought you believed that but word to my dead you-" Kevin started before elijah cut him off. "Opps attract but they need to avoid the attraction because it always ends badly! Do you not understand you could have been killed i could have lost someone i lov-care about" Elijah says hating himself for what he was about to say. 

Kevin showed no emotion his face was completely blank which scared elijah in more ways than one. "Ight" Kevin says not saying anything else. Elijah realized this was probably gonna be the last conversation they had with each other and didn't want to end it like this. "Kevin-" Elijah started but kevin shook his head. 

"Naw just go i gotta rest anyway" Kevin says and elijah wordlessly walks to the door and once he closed it he felt his heart break into millions of pieces. He knows he's doing the right thing this is to protect them. 

Hope ya'll enjoyed