"Why am I with you exactly?" Scarlet asked.

"You are my lawyer right, we would be making a quick stop before heading to the hotel, the gala is tonight, I need to make sure everything goes smoothly," he said.

"The gala is tonight?" Scarlet asked.

"I believe I was clear enough," Roman said.

"I have nothing to wear to a gala," Scarlet said annoyed.

"How incompetent," Roman said.

"I am not incompetent, how do I prepare for something I didn't know about?" Scarlet said angrily.

"In this world, you should always be prepared, if you are as good as they say you are, but with what I've seen so far, you haven't impressed me," Roman said.

"With all due respect sir..........."

"I don't need your due respect scarlet, I need you to be competent and live up to the so-called reputation you have built, my world is a dangerous one, I need you to be at your best 24/7, and if you are not cut out for that then resign," Roman said cutting her off.

"Over my dead body will I resign, so don't look forward to it," Scarlet said and turned to face the window.

She was beyond angry, one thing she hated was being called incompetent because of how hard she has worked to get to where she was now, and the fact that Roman used every opportunity, every conversation to belittle and frustrate her was getting to her, but she wouldn't give him what he wanted, he has made it clear that he doesn't see her as someone he would want to represent him, neither does he believe in her capabilities and that's why she would do everything in her power to prove him wrong, she wasn't the best for nothing and Roman had to acknowledge that.

The car stopped in front of a restaurant which made her raise a questioning brow at him which he ignored and got out of the car and Scarlet followed suit, she wasn't even expecting an answer in the first place.

When they entered the restaurant the manager came in to welcome them and led them to the VIP section which was on the rooftop, Scarlet was thankful that she wore something that protected her from the cool evening breeze, the sun was already setting and the view was beautiful.

"Why are we at a restaurant?" Scarlet asked when they were alone.

"Cause I own it and everything else on this Avenue" Roman said simply.

"I know, my question is why we are at a restaurant," Scarlet said.

"Because I want to eat scarlet and I have a meeting with someone in twenty minutes, I need my lawyer present," Roman said.

"Okay," Scarlet said.

A minute later a waiter brought the food Roman ordered and they ate, but Scarlet was all too distracted by the fact that she didn't know anything about this meeting so she didn't know what to expect, and this was officially her first job with Roman, she had to be at her absolute best for this it.

After they finished eating and their plate was cleared the manager came to take them to another VIP section that wasn't on the rooftop, this time it was a private room.

"I need to know I can trust you scarlet," Roman said when the manager left as they took their seat.

"I am trustworthy sir, I have never betrayed any of my clients or employers," Scarlet said.

"We'll see," Roman said.

A few seconds later the door pulled open and the person that walked in gave Scarlet the greatest shock of all time.

"Welcome Mr Finn, it's a pleasure to meet you," Roman said with a smirk on his face.

"Dad" Scarlet muttered under her breath.

"Amelia" Mr Finn said while giving his daughter an indifferent look.

This meeting was either going to make or break her that's for sure, and judging by the look on Roman's face he knew that.

********************************************************************* ROMAN&SCARLETT

THANKS FOR READING

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

*INTRODUCING PATRON SUBSCRIPTION:

So Based on popular demands from my readers that always ask for quicker and more chapter updates I decided to double-task myself just for you guys by making a patron subscription.

*What is the patron subscription?

The patron subscription gives you access to New chapters days before they are posted here on Wattpad which means quicker updates, specific days for updates, and also you get to read ahead! When you subscribe to any of my patrons' packages you get the New chapter ahead of Wattpad and also get to read the next chapter weeks before it's being updated here on Wattpad, there is also a discord to discuss the book and patron shoutout's !!! So click on the link below ⬇️ and become a patron today!

patreon.com/Victoriousallen22

XOXO.