Chapter 9: My Warning

Quite a while had passed since Christmas, from that day when you had met up with Neo whilst shopping for gifts and then experiencing her beautiful illusions within that alleyway. And then, when night had started to fall, you had parted ways with your mute friend and returned back to Beacon Academy. And within minutes of getting off the airship were you met with a whirlwind of rose petals as Ruby had practically flown at you, having apparently been scouring the grounds for you so she could bring you back to the Team RWBY dorm room for the impromptu party they were holding. 

But today was a very average day. In fact, it was the last day of the working week: Friday. And now, like most evenings, you were spending your time in your room. With a big pile of books and the usual member of Team RWBY lounging on one of the spare beds with her own pile of books.

Blake: "...Hey Y/N? You keep coming back with holes in your shoes... and they're always in the same sort of spot... Why is that exactly?"

Y/N: "I have... a mistake–making issue. But it is all goodness now. I know how to fix holes by myself with the... threads and noodle?"

Blake: "Huh? You mean a needle and thread? Haha! But... huh, where did you learn to do that from? A book? I didn't think we had anything about tending to clothes here in the Academy's Library...?"

Y/N: "It was not a book for the fixing of clothes, it was about shoes."

Blake: "Shoes count as clothes!"

Y/N: "...oh."

Blake: "And that's even more specific! Where did you find a book about fixing footwear... I mean, a book about fixing shoes?"

Y/N: "It was a gift, to say the sorry to me. From the uhm... Christ...oween time?"

Blake: "I... I almost didn't get that for a second there. You got that one entirely mixed up!"

Y/N: ". . ."

Blake: "Hmm? Y/N? Is something the matter?"

Y/N: "...sorry... my words... always wrong."

Blake: "Huh? Ah! No! Wait! I didn't mean it like that! You're doing really good Y/N, really! Considering that you've only been properly learning to read and write for less than a year and all, you're doing just fine! So you don't have to worry about that, alright?"

Y/N: "...it does not make you feel the anger at me?"

Blake: "Of course it doesn't! It's not like you're ever too far off the mark anyways, so it's not much harder talking to you than it would be with someone else. As long as you keep working on it, you'll be just fine. I'm sure of it!"

Y/N: ". . ."

Blake: "Y/N? Did uh... did something happen? Did somebody say something like that to you?"

Y/N: "... it has no matter."

Blake: "So somebody did say something! Who was it?"

Y/N: "It has no real matter. I did the dealing of it already."

Blake: "y–You did? What did you do?"

Y/N: "Hmm... can not remember their names. They were talking mean to rabbit ear girl."

Blake: *sigh* "Cardin... So, what happened?"

Y/N: "He made rabbit ear girl cry— but not the happy cry, it was a sad cry. I did telling them that they were not being very much nice to her. But they did not understand what I was talking at them..."

Blake: "Well, him and his little gaggle of yes-buddies aren't exactly the most intelligent of individuals. He struggles to understand some of the things he hears from us and the teachers too!"