Chapter 4: Sweet Encounters

<Author's Note: This particular chapter takes a few elements from the fan game JPDE. It is VERY good, if you haven't yet I suggest giving it a go! I'll include a link to the page as a comment here >

A day had passed since Y/N had found themselves now enlisted at Beacon Academy.
Fortunately Y/N was recruited on a Friday, meaning that they had the weekend to familiarize themselves with their new surroundings and get comfortable before they would be required to attend any classes.

Y/N spent the entirety of Saturday reading through the large pile of books that Blake had brought them the night before.
Whilst certainly neither perfect nor comprehensive by any means, Y/N certainly had more knowledge of the real world outside their old forest and cave now. They also learnt some new words that would help in conversation that Y/N would undoubtedly get caught up in.

Blake also came again late Saturday night, saying that her teammate was being particularly rowdy and irritating and appreciated being allowed to read in peace with you.

Blake wasn't just there for respite though, she had been asked to also hand you the School Map and an itinerary for your weekly schedule in education and helped you to understand and pronounce a list of words and phrases you had made note of throughout the day because they had confused you.

* * *

It was now Sunday Morning.
It was incredibly early in the morning, with the sun barely beginning to shine upon the land...

But this was intentional, Y/N was still not much acclimated to people, let alone crowds of them!
So with the map in hand that Blake had given them, they went around the dimly lit hallways of Beacon Academy to get their bearings for their future lessons here.

???: "Oh? It's you! Hi!"

Y/N: "Red girl? Hello?"

???: "Oh! You can call me Ruby, Ruby Rose. Leader of team RWBY!"

Y/N: "Reeby? Team Rewby? Huh... Remember easy."

Ruby: "Oh, no! It's not team Ruby, it's team RWBY! But... I guess that doesn't really matter too much, actually! Anyyyyways... what are you up to this morning? It's quite early, the sun isn't even up yet!"

Y/N: "Learning... where rooms. For classes."

Ruby: "For classes? Oh, are you going to be learning here too?!"

Y/N: "Grey-Haired Man tell me to stay. Home empty now, so I stay..."

Ruby: "Huh...? I'm sorry to hear that... Say, I don't think I've ever met someone who sounds like you before, where are you from?"

Y/N: "The forest. But not the green one Grey-Hair Man launched me into..."

Ruby: "A forest?! So not a town or city? Huh... interesting!"