Chapter 7: Dastardly

A few months had now passed, since you initially enrolled into Beacon Academy.
And with those months, came many new experiences that whilst commonplace to the average student, used to civilization, were completely foreign to you.

Though, many of those strange occurrences did come from the students themselves. Their semblance and weapons were so incredibly varied... No two people seemed alike to you.

You also read about a lot of weird history of the lands, and you found quite an enjoyment in reading fiction- something that Blake and Ruby both enjoyed.

With Blake continuing to use your residence as a place of solitude to read in peace from her team's constant badgering, and she would offer to help you read and understand anything you struggled with as compensation.

Ruby however...

Ruby: "Ah! Thisbookisoneofmyfavourites! Youshouldtotallyreadthisonenext! Oh... But maybe... It might be a bit difficult to read? Oh! Icanjustreadittoyou! Andthen-"

*WHACK*

Ruby: "Owww!"

Weiss: "How are they meant to learn to better speak our language if they're trying to learn from you and your mouth that acts faster than your brain?"

Ruby: "Hey!"

???: "Actually Weiss, I believe that, sometimes, a trial by fire is exactly what some people need to breach a barrier and really start making progress."

A new person had confidently walked over to join the conversation, compared to Ruby and Weiss, she was quite a bit taller!

Weiss: "But Ruby isn't a trial by fire, she's like... asking someone to walk across the surface of the sun!"

Ruby: "i- I'm standing right here... You know that righ-?

*pat*

That was the sound of you placing a hand down upon Ruby's head. You held it there for a moment, trying to understand what they meant by what they said.
Left without answers, you eventually pulled back your hand and looked at the palm, hoping maybe that would hold the answers you seek... nothing.

Y/N: "hmmm... do not feel hot like fire. Or like sun... I do not understand...?"

Ruby then started giggling, as well as the new girl who towered over the present company.

???: "Hehe... I suppose Yang wasn't over-exaggerating how bluntly you operate, as much as I thought!"