Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

"Not a problem... we have just about everything we need. Now... time for the fun chemical cooking. This is exhilarating" Senku said, smirking excitedly while grabbing a bunch of flasks in his hands.

-Chemicals Work-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku starts telling us what to do. Suika eyed a weird looking glasswork. "First, we boil the sulfuric acid we got, and add a pinch of salt" Senku said. I squat next to Senku as I observe what they're doing.

"There's a weird glass sculpture with a stick in the middle..." Suika said. Grandpa Kaseki make a sound of protest. "How dare you made me make such a complicated thing?!" He wailed. I let out a nervous chuckle as he keeps complaining.

Senku starts to calmly explain that it's called a water condenser, and what it's for. I just stare at him with a clueless expression. I seriously have no idea what he's talking about.

 I seriously have no idea what he's talking about

"Now we have Hydrochloric Acid..." he said, while holding the water condenser. "Hydrochloric Acid?"Kohaku questioned.

"This is somewhat dangerous. Get it in your eyes and you'll be blind" he said. I gulp at what he said. Suika stares at him, visibly trembling. I let out a sigh at what he's doing.

"Now we have chlorosulfuric acid" he said, with a more menacing face

"Now we have chlorosulfuric acid" he said, with a more menacing face. "Chlorosulfuric acid?" I said, in a questioning tone.

"This is a dangerous chemical. Get it on your skin and you'll turn into a skulking zombie" he said, as he grins wickedly. Goodness... I'm starting to think that Senku's a madman.

"We have sodium hydroxide" he said, with an even wicked grin

"We have sodium hydroxide" he said, with an even wicked grin. I don't even know that was possible. I let out a sigh as Kohaku looks clueless. "Sodium hydroxide?" She said.

"This is an ultra dangerous chemical. The Yakuza use it to melt corpses" he said. I turn my head to look at Suika who's kneeling down by the wall. She have tears flowing down her cheeks.

I walk towards him and grab the jar from him. I glare at him. "WILL YOU STOP THAT?! You're scaring Suika!" I yelled angrily. He flinch at my sudden outbursts.

"Now I get it... a chemicals that makes you blind, turn you into a zombie and melts your corpse?" Kohaku said. We turn to look at her. She stares at Senku and Chrome with a deadly gaze.

"And you're going to make Ruri-Nee drink that?" She said. I turn to look at them and glare too. They visibly pale at our gaze. "No one's drinking it. We just need it to prepare the drug!" Senku said. He and Chrome walks outside.

"The rest of the chemical isn't dangerous. Come on, Chrome... let's get ammonia" he said, walking out of the shed with Chrome while carrying an empty jar. I tilt my head in confusion. My eyes widened when the two of them starts filling the jar with their urine. Is that what ammonia is?!

"And you're going to make Ruri-Nee drink that?" I said, glaring at them. "I told you! She's not drinking that! We need it to prepare the drug!" Senku said, as Chrome visibly shakes at mine and Kohaku's glares.

***

Senku told us that we just need to prepare three more things. Which according to Suika, sounded like spells. Which kinda is... but Senku told us there's no such thing as sorcery. It's all science.

In order to make those three things, we need a lot of alcohol. Senku warns us that alcohol is a pain in the ass to make. Grandpa Kaseki who overheard what he just said turn to look at him.

"Alcohol? What are you talking about? If you win the Grand Bout tomorrow. You would get more than you could ever finish..." he said. Senku grins at what he said. "The timing is too perfect. We just have to win the Grand Bout and we'd have what we need. Now we're going to make sure we win the Grand Bout. Even if it kills us" he said. I nod my head, agreeing with him.

Time-skip

Senku claims that he's going to participate in the Grand Bout. Ginro is the one who signed him up. I just cross my arms as I stare at Senku.

"No offense... you're not exactly the type of person who's strong. Are you sure this is a good idea?" I said. He turns to look at me and let out a breathy laugh. "Don't worry... I'm not planning to win the Grand Bout. I just want to tire them out" he said. Ginro grins wickedly.

"And if we face one another... we'd move up without breaking a sweat!" He said. Kinro gasps in shock at what he said. "You're rigging the game?! You're way too underhand, Ginro!" He said. I'm not surprise he would say that. Kinro's always been a proper man. So of course, he's going to follow the rules.

Ginro and Senku starts to tease him, with a snake like face... they start taunting him. Kinro turns to look at Kohaku and I.

"Kohaku... Y/N! Are you really okay with this? You are rigging the tournament that's been around us for generations!" He said. I turn to look at Kohaku. She just make a thinking sound for a few seconds. I just shrugs my shoulders.

"I don't really care..." I said. Kinro gasps at what I said. "Y/N-Nee is right. If it gives a chance that we can save Ruri-Nee... even the slightest" she said. I nod my head, agreeing with her.

A While Later

I'm back with the others in the arena. Senku will be taking his first step into the village. "Finally... after half a year. He finally enter the village" I said, with a smile. I cheer happily as he walks towards us.

I hear footsteps coming closer. I turn my head to see Ruri-Nee. "Ruri-Nee! What are you doing walking?" I said. She ignored me and focus on Senku.

"Your name is Senku, right?" She said. Senku turns to look at him over his shoulder. "So you're the priestess, Ruri" he said. Ruri take a step closer to him.

"I have a question for you... what is your last name?" She said. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion. Last... name? What is that? Do I have one... seeing as I'm also from Senku's time.

"Your last name is another na-" Ruri tried to explain. "Yeah yeah... I know..." Senku said, cutting her off. He turns to look at her with a look of confusion. "Could it be that you're Ishi-" Ruri-Nee got stopped mid-sentence as she falls forward and starts to cough violently.

"Ruri-Nee!" I yelled out. I run towards her and place my hand on her back. Turqoise and Jasper also come towards us. Turqoise stops Senku from coming any closer.

"Hurry up and carry her! Don't let her walk!" Father said. They carry her using a stretcher. "Are you okay, Nee-San?" I said. She turns to look at me. "Yeah..." she said, weakly. I watch in worry as they carry her back to her spot. We have to win this Grand Bout. We have to save Ruri-Nee.

*to be continued*