Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

He seem very sure that he'd be able to win people over with his scientific food. Let's just hope it'll actually work. We need more people to help us to make this cure all drug. We really need it if we want to save Ruri-Nee.

-Dual Haired Stranger-

Y/N P.O.V

It's the next day. Suika leads us to a small field filled with foxtail millet. I take out a knife I have and start helping Kohaku get some of the foxtail millet. The two of us swiftly cut through them.

Kohaku cringed at the sight, as she holds it in her hand. "W-We're not actually going to eat these, are we? Because if we are... I think I'm going to pass..."she said. Senku and Chrome starts whacking them against a stone.

"We're whacking them so we can eat it... foxtail are mainly made of grains" Senku said. I just keep on whacking them against the stone. Senku instructs Chrome to get a jar of water to wash the foxtail. I watch as Senku begins to stir a stick around the water. He starts filtering it to separate the skin from the seed.

He looks like a madman as he continues to create whatever it is he's trying to make. The scent of the soup brewing hits my nostril. The scent almost make me drool at how good it smells. Kohaku and Chrome on the other hand already starts drooling.

"There's a name of this stupidly delicious dish. We call it... ramen" he said. He hands a bowl for each of us. I take it from him and stare at it. Chrome notice we look hesitant and decided to be the Guinea pig. He take a bite and gasp.

"DELICIOUS!!!" He yelled out. Suika and Kohaku starts to eat it too. I just stare at them back and forth. I turn to look at Senku as he eyes me. I gulp nervously and take a bite. I slurp the noodles and chew on it. My eyes widened at the flavor.

Flashback

"Nii-Chan! Can we have some ramen for lunch?? Pretty pretty please?" I said. I'm in a smaller body. Which lets me know that I'm still in younger self.

I'm staring at a taller figure. The person's face is blurry, which makes it hard for me to make out who it is. But for some reason, I can tell that he's smiling at me as he gently holds my hand. "Ofc... ___, let's go and eat some" he said. I can hear my voice as I cheer excitedly.

End of Flashback

"Y/N? Hellooo?" Someone said, waving a hand in front of my face. I snap out of my daze and turn to look at the person, to see it's Kohaku. "Huh?" I said. She frowns at me.

"Are you okay? You zoned out..." she said. I hum at what she said. "Yeah... I'm fine" I said, smiling softly at her. She just nods her head. I just give her a smile and turn my head to look at Senku.

"It tastes delicious..." I said, smiling at him. I can see a look of distaste from his face. This ramen probably isn't as good as what it was like back then. But since everyone else finds it good, Senku decided that it's going to work.

***

Chrome pulls the ramen cart towards the bridge. Suika is sitting on top of it as she plays some tune using a shell. I just stare at the shell for a while. I have always loves the sea. The shells especially.

I gently place my hand on the necklace I wear. It's something I made during my free time. I was excited when I finally got it done. I've been wearing it ever since and never once take it off.

I'm not sure why I love the sea so much

I'm not sure why I love the sea so much. I just love it. I feel something. I don't know exactly what it is. But I love the feeling. Now that I think about it. There're things I can't explain.

My mind went back to when I first take a bite of the ramen Senku made. What was that? Why do I have that in my mind? All I remember before coming to this village is that I woke up in the middle of the forest. I can't seem to remember anything before that.

The sound of footsteps snaps me out of my thought. I turn my head and notice the villagers starts coming over. They look so intrigued. The scent of the ramen must be tempting to them.

Senku quickly starts preparing the ramen. Ganen is the first to take a bite. As soon as he did, he starts to eat it non-stop. This assures the others that the food is edible. Everyone starts coming to get a bowl for themselves.

"Everyone is coming over. The respond is excellent" I said. Senku let out a chuckle as he starts to make an evil face. "I'll just work them to death with the portion they ate..." he said. I give him a straight face. Over the short period of time, I've learned that he's quite scummy.

"Ah... this is making me thirsty for a drink. Like, say, cola..." someone said. I turn my head and notice a guy sitting behind the stone. He have purple robe. I notice he have two color hair, black and white.

"Cola?" Senku said, in a questioning tone. "Do you know him, Senku?" I asked. "No..." he said. Kohaku calls out to the village's guards. The three of them is quick to surrounds the guy.

"Answer this truthfully, or I'm going to slit your throat right here and now. Are you one of the long-haired man underlings?" Kohaku said, sternly. I can see a small smile appear on his lips.

"Hey, I wouldn't mind being taken out by a cute girl like you. But I think you have me confused for someone else. I don't know any long-haired man. I've been all alone ever since I was un-petrified" he said. He turns around to look at the rest of us. I notice a black marking going down from his left cheek, forming a jagged line.

"Hmm.. I thought I've seen you before. Asagiri Gen, huh?" Senku said. I turn to look at him. "Are you acquainted?" Kohaku asked. "Not at all... he's the one who wrote a trashy book..." he said. The guy turns to look at him.

"So you read my book? I'm happy... but calling it a trash hurts though. Call me a mentalist. Look... I'm sorry for taking the ramen. I was out in the woods by myself, trying to look for something to eat. When the nostalgic smell of ramen hits my nostril..." he said. I just eye him suspiciously. He's not even the slightest bit scared.

Senku decided to take his word. "Sure whatever, I'll take your word. But either way, there's no such thing as free meal. Everyone who's had ramen have works to do" he said, grinning mischievously. Oh boy... he surely is scummy. These people have no idea what they have put themselves through. I kinda feel bad. But we need it to be done, so we can start making the cure-all drug for Ruri-Nee.

*to be continued*