Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

Everyone starts cheering because the first battle in winning the mentalist have just been won by the Kingdom of Science. Kohaku made a comment that all men are a pain in the ass in any era, which makes me let out a soft giggle. The only thing I'm worried about right now is Gen's condition. He's still hurt. Hopefully, he's going to be okay.

-We Need Glass-

Y/N P.O.V

I stretch my body, trying to get rid of the stiffness on my body having just woke up. I walk towards where Senku and the others are. I've been spending a lot of times with them more than in the village.

Hopefully, father won't be too upset that I've been hanging out with Senku. Well... it's not like he have any reason to be. After all, I'm the same as Senku. An outsider too. But he didn't seem to mind me being here. He even treated me like I'm his own daughter and raises me as one.

I yawn softly as I keep walking towards the others. I place my hands on my hips. "So... what are you going to make today, Professor?" I asked, once I stand near Senku and Chrome. Kohaku is currently training the village's guards. She have managed to convinced the two of them to participate in the Grand Bout.

"Are we finally going to make the sulfa-drug??" Chrome said, sounding very excited. Senku turns to look at the two of us. "Before that we need to make something... it's very important" he said. I tilt my head in confusion.

"But I thought we can finally start on the drug after we've acquired electricity?" I said. He just smirks at what I said. "Well, partially true... electricity is the essential need. But the clay pot we have isn't going to cut it with the thing we need to get. Glass can withstand just about any chemicals. So we need them" he said. He turns to look at Suika and give her a very mischievous grin.

"And we can finally yank that headpiece off of our little detective..." he said, walking towards her. I can see Suika shivering in fear at his action. He grabs her mask and yanks it off.

Kohaku somehow manage to notice what happened from her spot. She looks shocked at what Senku just did. She quickly rushes over.

"Wait, Senku!! Suika don't want her face to be seen!" She scolds, taking Suika's mask from Senku's hand. "Have a good look" Senku said. We turn our heads to look at Suika.

"Wow, Suika! You're perfectly adorable!!" Kohaku said, gushing over Suika's cuteness

"Wow, Suika! You're perfectly adorable!!" Kohaku said, gushing over Suika's cuteness. I cooed as well, because she must be one of the cutest kid I have ever seen. She turns to look at us and scrunch her whole face.

"What the hell?!" Chrome and Kohaku said. Suika holds the mask in her hands as she stares at us with her face still crunched up. "I have a fuzzy sickness in my eyes. Everything I see is fuzzy. I ended up like this every time I try to focus on something. It's very embarrassing. But after I wear this mask, everything becomes a little easier to see!" She said, putting the mask back on.

"Oh... that's the pinhole effect..." Senku said. I turn to look at him, tilting my head in confusion. "What's that?" I asked. He turns to look at me. "The light that enters through the hole becomes narrow, bringing things into focus" he explained. I hum softly at his explanation.

"What does glass have to do with it?" Chrome said. Senku turns to look at him. "It has 10 billion percent to do with it!" He exclaimed. Then he proceed to tell us how things are back then. I don't know anything from that time, because I don't have any memories. It's like everything just wiped out from my mind.

"Science can make eyes? That's amazing... I wanted to be able to see all of you without this fuzziness..." Suika said. I smile softly at what she said. I kneel in front of her and gently wrap my arms around her. I gently pat her back as she hugs me back.

I pull away from the hug and smiles at her. I stand up and turns to look at Senku, with a grin on my face. I clap my hands excitedly.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?? Let's start to make this glass thing!" I said. Chrome and Kohaku let out a cheer, as Senku just smirks at what I said.

***

We make our way towards a mountain. It's become quite clear that Senku don't have a good endurance. He looks exhausted as we keep walking. He have the brain, but he don't have the strength. I see why he needs manpower.

"Glasses are mostly made of quartz sand. But I don't see any in Chrome's collection" Senku said. Chrome turns to look at him. "I'm not going to collect sand" he said.

"Fortunately, I saw something that would lead us to the material we need" he said, as we stops by a tall mountain. "This is where I found this translucent rock when I was a kid" Chrome said. We climb up the mountain and Senku walks towards the center, grabbing a pickaxe. He starts to break the ground and turn to us, showing the material we'd need to make glasses.

Everyone starts to work together to gather as many quarts sand as we can. Senku told us to make sure we gather the clear ones, because that's the main ingredient to make the glasses. Everyone seems to have fun while gathering the materials.

Time-skip

Senku lay on the ground, breathing heavily. Suika fans him using a large leaf, trying to cool him down. Senku is quick to recover as he continue to make the glass.

After a while, the glasses are added to Suika's mask. Senku smiles at his accomplishments. We did it, we have acquired glass. He told us that we'll be going somewhere for Suika to see things clearer for the first time.

I gently hold Suika's hand as we walk through the fields. Suika stands in the middle of us, with Senku behind her. "Suika... what do you see in front of you?" Senku said. Suika turns her head to look in front of her.

"They're just sunflowers. It's not like I can't see at all" she said. Senku gently slip the mask on her head. She's quite for a few seconds as she steps forward. I kneel down next to her as she turns to look at us. I can see tears streaming down her face. I smile softly and open my arms for her. She instantly wraps her arms around my neck.

"Everything isn't fuzzy anymore! Suika can see very clearly now!" She said, happily. I let out a soft laugh as I stand up, with her in my arms. I start to twirl us around as she let out a gleeful laugh, making me let out a soft giggle at her cuteness. I've said this before and I'll said it again... Science truly is wonderful!

*to be continued*