Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

"Not bad, Chrome. With this magnet... gathering the material for the iron would be easier!" He said. I just smile softly. There's still hope that Ruri-Nee would be saved. She can recover from her illness, and I'll help as much as I can.

-We Need More Manpower-

Y/N P.O.V

Kohaku and I make our way to the water, we're both in our bathing suit. I use the magnet Chrome gave us and gently runs it across the bottom of the water. I lift it up to reveal a lot of black sand.

"Wow... look how much it have picked up!" I said, as I turn to Kohaku. She grins and shows me her own. I smile gleefully at her. We continue to gather more of the iron sand.

I turn around and notice Chrome and Senku are both slacking off. I nudge Kohaku, making her turn to look at me. I gesture towards the two guys here.

"Hey, you two! How is it that only Y/N and I are working?! We lacked of manpower as it is!" She said, angrily. She hits Chrome on the head. They finally get off their butts and starts working again.

"It's going to take us a while to gather enough of the iron sand at this rate" I said. "Should I call for more people?" Chrome asked. I shrugs my shoulders. "We are working with someone who are suspected to be a sorcerer. I doubt anyone would come and help..." I said. Senku let out a sigh at what I said and turn to look at the water.

"A watermelon?" He said. I turn my head to see a watermelon floating on the water. A body gets out of the watermelon. I smile softly, knowing it's Suika. A little girl from the village. She lift her hand to reveal the magnet, covered in iron sand.

"Oh... Suika. Did you follow us here?" I said. Kohaku walks towards her and gently pat her watermelon head. "Her name is Suika?" Senku said. I turn to him. "It's just a nickname... she always wear this watermelon rind on her head" I said. Chrome walks up to her and snatch the magnet from her hand.

"Suika wants to help... because Suika have been wearing this watermelon on my head. I've never been able to be useful" she said. I turn to Chrome, glaring at him. He starts to look guilty.

Senku walks up to him and gently place his magnet on her hand. "Science don't reject anyone. I'd really appreciate your help..." he said. He turns around and walks away. Suika starts to blush happily at Senku's 'kindness.' Kohaku and Chrome just shakes their heads. I can't blame them... even though I just met Senku, I've seen how scummy he can be.

***

Senku give us something. He said it will pump out air. I gently move it open and close. "Hmm... this suppose to blow air?" I asked, pointing it at my face and flinch when an air is blown to my face. Kohaku let out a giggle at my action. I turn to look at her and pout.

"With something this useful, I can probably do it myself" she said. Senku let out a chuckle at what she said. "You can make that claim after you tried it... unfortunately, we won't have enough manpower" he said. We start to pump the air like crazy. I can feel my arms about to fall off by how intense it is.

A While Later

Despite having working out butts off, we can't seem to melt the iron sand. I let out a sigh as I sit on the ground. I turn to look at Senku, who looks just as drained as me.

"What's your plan now, Senku?" I asked. He turns to look at me. "We need to gather more people. That's our top priority..." he said. I let out a sigh and let my body drop on the ground.

"And how are you planning to do that? Unless you have a plan on how to win people over... it's quite impossible to just get them to join your Kingdom of Science willingly. You have to somehow earn their trust before expecting them to work for you. Like, make something that pleases them" I asked. He seems to be thinking about what I'm saying.

"I can find out what they want! Suika can turn into a watermelon and go around unnoticed!" Suika said. Senku agrees with her and calls her a detective. I can tell the title makes her excited. She quickly rolls into her watermelon and starts rolling away. I let out a soft giggle at her cuteness.

Night Time

Suika have returned from her investigation. She's now sitting across from Senku. "The first ones are the Sparkly Sisters. Garnet, Ruby and Sapphire..." she said.

"Ah... the prettiest girls in the village" I said. Senku seem uninterested by what I said. "It'll be really nice if it's something I can make with science..." he said. I focus on Suika, wondering what those three wants. "They want... boyfriends!!" She said.

"There's no way I can make those!!!" Senku said. I let out a soft chuckle at what he said. Suika starts to list what type of guys those girls wants. "Ruby wants a man who can feed her... Sapphire wants a man who's handsome, and Garnet wants a man who are strong" she said. I let out a sigh and shake my head.

"Those three have different criteria... it's kind of sad that they can't find a boyfriend" I said. Senku again, ignores what I said and focuses on Suika. Kohaku turn to look at Senku.

"If I have to be honest... you kind of attractive. But I don't think you're the kind go guy Sapphire wants" she said. Senku turns to look at her. "I might have a chance with the girl who wants someone to feed her" he said.

"Speaking of food... Ganen, the village's glutton. He said he's tired of eating grilled fish and he wants to try something new" she said. "Yeah... I can see how bored he is" I said, nodding my head at what he said.

Senku turns to look at Suika as she plays around with her furry friend, while holding something in her hand. "What is that anyway?" He asked. "Oh, it's my friend's favorite toy. Dogtail millet!" She said, with a happy smile on her face. "You mean foxtail millet..." Senku corrected her. He starts to grin.

"It might work..." he said. I raise an eyebrow at what he said. "You're actually going to cook for them?" I asked. He turns to me and nods his head, with a confident smile on his face.

He seem very sure that he'd be able to win people over with his scientific food. Let's just hope it'll actually work. We need more people to help us to make this cure all drug. We really need it if we want to save Ruri-Nee.

*to be continued*