Bring it back

Jungkook

I tapped my feet vigorously, not so patiently waiting out of her cabin couch. My eyes landed on the clock and a sigh released from my throat. IU  came out, scanning some papers, and sat next to me, handing me one too. I opened it and saw the recent offer we got, it was from one of the most well-known companies in the country, a high-budget project. 

"This is big", I gawked at her nodding head, her eyes still scrutinizing the beginning drafts. It is one of the biggest projects we got this year, and the thought of me being a part of this feels so prestigious. "Cumulatively it will take nearly a  month or two right", "I think a couple of months will be enough", I turned the pages but her sigh drew my attention out of it. 

"They have given us twenty-one days", the hell. That's just so fucked up, a big project like this indeed asks a month of preparation, and the action and shots plus the editing needs time to get a perfect, impeccable advertisement. We aren't high teenagers, who take up repulsive work like this. My frown made it clear to her that I have a lot of doubts about this. 

"We can do it Jungkook....", she kept the files aside and turned to me with a motivating grin. "I have chosen my best employees for this and I am sure we can do this", I smiled knowing how much burden has been bucketed for her after this, she already has her wedding on hold and now this, but she is still so optimistic, giving it a little more push will mean no harm right.

"Who'll be finalizing the budget?", I asked after finding a void space in the financial head column. Tzuyu can't be here obviously because of her different project and branch, but who is the replacement for this? 

"I think Chan will be good for this", I hummed knowing very well the reason behind her selection. That guy is hardworking and I am sure he will do his best for his biggest project. He is still new so I think he needs some guidance though, just in case. So I suggested a veteran as an advisor and she agreed in a go. There was this brief silence between us, as we read the last page of the draft. 

I heard a slight flip, she's done analyzing it. "I think you have to ask Tzuyu to postpone your engagement too...I am sorry for it", I pursed my lips together, nodding with a lip tide smile. I think she'll understand this. After all, she understood when I told her about me shifting my branch to Japan with IU, living here was one of my best decision, out of all the Fucked ones I took, and this place has given me everything I needed, staying away from everything.

"It's alright, we didn't fix the date yet...she wanted it to be this month but...we can postpone it", IU has a bigger occasion coming up which she paused just because of her busy professional schedule so I think me postponing that ceremony doesn't mean much in front of this. 

The clock ticked twelve the moment we finalized and discussed our further steps. After a summary of our discussion and after a ring on her phone we decided to move out of the building. Walking like dead souls in the empty hallway, the only employee I could spot were the guards apart from us.

Her fiancé was visible from afar, in his formal suit, leaning on his posh car and smiling when he caught a glimpse of her, one of the reasons why she wanted to move here a few months back, she had someone waiting for her.

We were walking side by side and a small smile budded on my lips too, her steps fastening and she almost ran into his arm at one point. See, how sweet they are, I kinda envy this. I know I shouldn't, knowing I have Tzuyu, a caring girl. 

Thinking about her makes me smile, but my heart stops me every time the thought of us being together flashes. It's entirely my mistake and no one's else fault.

 I stood silent when I had to speak, I agreed when I wanted to deplore and I smiled when my heart cried out, my whole life is just a setup of me agreeing to anything that is coming on my way, it's good, least I am relaxed, Tzuyu will be a caring wife for sure, a loving wife anyone could dream of and I feel blessed that she found her love in me.