Psycho

Y/ns hand slowly tightened around Toby's strong fingers, him becoming aware of y/ns rising consciousness. Y/n started to hear the words of reassurance come from Toby's mouth, the words calming his fast heartbeat. 

"T-Toby..?" y/n asked, leaning up slightly. His eyes widened, tears filling them.

"Y/n..y/n I-I'm so sorry...I fucked up s-so badly..." Toby said quietly, his voice cracking.

"No...N-No it's not your fault...It's mine, I-I'm the one who should be sorry.." Y/n responded to Toby's apology. Toby just looked at him with tear-filled eyes.

"I'll be better in a few days...d-don't worry.." Y/n slightly smiled at Toby.

"And..and I'll help you through it.." Toby stated, his eyes darting around both y/ns face and the room.

A few days skip.

  Y/n had made some progress, Toby helping him, of course, telling him encouraging words and trying to keep him as safe from harm as he could. Jeff had also started to take responsibility in trying to make more light-hearted jokes around y/n and make him happier. It had started to make Jeff feel more...different? Around y/n, he felt a lot happier, almost.

Jeff POV

Why am I feeling this way? Am I actually catching feelings for this dude? There's no way. I mean, I'm a dude! And he's a dude! Plus, him and Toby are pretty close, and I'm not really one to interfere with Toby, and I would definitely not interfere with any chance of love he really has. So, I just can't catch feelings!

I turned to corner of the hallway and was immediately on the floor. Looking up, I was met with a smirking y/n, his foot extended out a few inches in front of him.

"You're so stupid," he told me, slight laughter in his voice.

"Oh, fuck you!" I said, laughing afterward, standing up. He's sort of cute- wait! I shouldn't be thinking that!

"Where's Toby?" y/n asked me. I knew where he was. He was sitting in his room, having another one of his 'episodes'. They don't happen often, only when he is under an immense amount of stress or panic. 

"In his room, it's best if you go check if he's doing okay." I responded, not wanting to go near him in this state. His violence gets worse, and he starts drinking a bit. It's not a fun time if you don't approach him right. 

Toby POV

I don't understand why I have to be like this. Sitting in the corner of my room, surrounded by the loud silence and bright darkness, my mind being invaded by both violent and harmful thoughts, the bottle of whiskey in my right hand not helping my situation. In this state, it's possible I could lash out at anyone who tries to come near me, try to bring me down from this sobbing, drunken state. 

"Toby? You in there?" A voice belonging to y/n and a knock on the door interrupted my silent screams for help.

"Please....g-get the fuck away....I-I-I don't wanna hurt y-you.." I said in a response, the only thing I could mutter out, failing to calm myself from all of the thoughts, all of the screams and voices invading my brain, the warm, familiar feeling of the blood on my knuckles and thw whiskey flowing down harshly in my mouth.

The door then opened, the hallway light illuminating y/n's shadow and lighting the rest of the room, causing y/n to stand and stare. Me in the corner, eyes baggy and teary, blood on my face and knuckles, the glass scattered along the hardwood floor. And of course, the bottles, still full, standing beside my opened one.

"I-I....I told you n-not to c-come in.." I said in as calm of a voice as I could, trying to control myself from lashing out at him. 

"Toby...I-I...It's...it's okay,"  y/n tried to whisper, kneeling down in front of me. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. 

"Listen.." he grabbed my hand.

"Toby, you're amazing, okay? You're going to be okay..you're strong.." y/n whispered, his voice soothing and calm, his arms wrapping around me. That's when the tears really started going again.

"I'm sorry.." was all I could say in that moment.

"I know..It's okay.."