-43-

Day 5|| 2nd Stage of Chunin Exams
2 days until End of 2nd Stage of Chunin Exams

Sakura had found herself exhausted, hungry and dehydrated. She wrinkled a cloth for the third time that day and put it back onto Sasukes forehead.
She had found herself having to carr—drag Sasuke and Naruto to a hole under a tree and begin to put the medical skills Kakashi had taught her. Both the boys had high running fevers, Naruto seemed in a worse situation than Sasuke. But either way she found herself defenseless and bare without either of them awake.

Sakura felt Narutos forehead but quickly took her hand away and dumped the rest of the spare water onto the steamy cloth before putting it back onto his forehead.
She sighed and leaned back, her eyes minutely closing before snapping open. Sakura found herself constantly trying to sleep but couldn't relax her body enough to actually do so. When Naruto was carrying her she had no trouble, but now being alone with no protection was absolutely terrifying for her.

It was rising to late afternoon when a snapping twig caught sakuras ear. Her head snapped over, her breathing instantaneously hyperventilating as three sound ninja stepped out.
The leader of the three cell man team chuckled when a squirrel set off one of her traps and Sakura jumped with a small yelp.

The sound ninja were creepy. One was hunched over with wrap covering the entirety of his face with fur and patterned clothes on. One had spiky hair with metal things on his forearms and patterned clothes like the leader. The only girl had long brunette hair with bandages around her arms and patterned clothes on.
All three wore sound hitai-ate's and black shinobi shoes.

"Well well look who we have here." The girl smiled, a kunai circling around her fingers as she played with it. "A defenseless bug."

Sakura grabbed her kunai and stood in front of Sasuke and Naruto. The leader chuckled at sakuras shaking body and when the kunai slipped from its form in her clammy hands.

"Kin."
The woman disappeared and kicked the kunai out of sakuras hand. She yelped and tried to run for another weapon but Kin tripped her and grabbed her long pink hair.
"Such nice hair." She pulled at sakuras hair and the Haruno omega whimpered. "It'll sit nice on my wall once we get your Uchiha friend."
"D-don't touch Sasuke-kun!"

Sakura snatched up her kunai and sliced it through her hair. Kin stumbled back and Sakura pushed her into the trunk of the tree, making her fall to her ass. Sakura jumped to her feet and held her kunai again.
The leader chuckled and stepped forward. He went to kick Sakura into the ground. Maybe break a bone or two. But someone kicked him first, sending the leader a few feet from Sakura and them landing in front of her in a perfect taijutsu stance.

"Lee!" She gasped.
Rock Lee smiled at her and gave an enthusiastic thumbs up. "Don't you worry Sakura! I, the taijutsu master Rock Lee will be here to protect you!" He turned back to the leader. "No one will hurt you!"
Sakura touched her chest as if touched by Lee's words. No one had ever said that to her. Naruto just insulted her (not that she didn't do the same to him) and Sasuke never seemed to protect her unless Naruto was watching.

Lee fought the leader of Team Dosu.
The fight between them got so intense Lee pulled Leaf Hurricane. When Lee's ultimate move didn't finish off the leader, it began to go down very quickly.

"Lee!"
Tenten threw her shiruken and kunais. The leader quickly dodged before Neji took over with his byakugan.

Zaku chuckled. He held out his hands to blast the seven Genin into deafness. But that all changed when his wrists were grabbed and a foot was on his back, pulling him down to his knees.
Sakura and Ino gasped. They yelled, "Sasuke-kun!"

Shikamaru covered Chojis eyes as Sasuke relentlessly broke both of Zakus arms. Ino shouted when Sasuke went to do... more than any Genin should witness.

"Sasuke-kun, Naruto! He's not awake!"
Sakura glared. "What are you saying something like that for?!"
Ino ignored her as Sasuke looked over. The genins inhaled at the wave pattern on half of Sasukes face and Ino even touched her chest like it scared her.
"What?"
Shikamaru answered for Ino who seemed mute.
"He's not awake. Sakura can tell you but he isn't awake."

Sasuke kicked Zaku to the ground and walked over. He pushed passed Sakura and Ino and Shikamaru sighed.

"Troublesome."
Kin appeared beside Zaku and helped him up. She looked over and Ino crossed her arms with Nejis byakugan activated again and tenten holding out more of her ninja tools.
She jumped away with her injured teammates.

Ino grabbed a kunai as Sakura looked back. Her fists clenched seeing Sasuke checking for the extent of Narutos injuries.

"Want me to tidy up your hair forehead?"
Sakura glared at her rival. "Yeah... it'd be appreciated."
"Better be. All of us came to help you."
Sakura lowered onto her knees and Ino began to cut her hair and Shikamaru knelt beside Naruto.
"Sakura how long has Naruto been asleep?"
She clenched her fists. "2 days."
"So it's the fifth day." Sasuke muttered.

"Here." Neji handed over a Heaven scroll. "Tenten, Lee and I already have our two scrolls."
Sasuke took it. He nodded, having too much pride to say thanks when he had taken down one of the sound ninja. Sasuke put his hand into Narutos ninja pouch and pulled out the Earth scroll.
He put them in his pouch and picked up the water.

"... you drank all the water?"
Sakura blushed. "No. It was the only way to keep down both of your fevers."
"She took care of you two sasuke-kun be a bit more appreciative."
"Hn." Was all his response. He didn't even say anything in the meaning of "Hn".

Sasuke flipped the cloth on Narutos forehead and felt his pulse. All that was abnormal was his fever, which was a good sign seeing Naruto would be easier to carry that way instead of something being truly wrong with him.

"Well we'll be going." Tenten announced with Lee's arm around her shoulders. "Try not to get in too much trouble."
Sasuke only rolled his eyes. He hadn't asked for their help and they were helping Sakura, not him.
Shikamaru, Ino and Choji soon left and Sakura fixed her hitai-ate to hold back her shortened bangs. She blushed, noticing Sasuke had taken off half of his pants to take care of his self inflicted wound.
"Ho-how are you f-feeling Sasuke-kun?"

This was the first time she'd seen a man a little undressed and seeing it was also Sasuke. It had a bigger effect on her than most. Not even Naruto who wore barely any clothes except for winter had effected her... but Naruto was an omega and omegas were used to seeing one another undressed to some extent.

"Fine." He grunted. "Has Narutos fever gone down at all?"
Sakura shook her head. "It just got hotter all throughout yesterday and hasn't changed."