« VII : Thirst »

A lone princess was wandering around to nowhere as she stopped only to look up at the sole moon standing alone in the dark sky. She reached out her hand up as if to catch the unmoving moon. Her eyes were fixed on the said moon until she heard a voice speak behind her, calling up her name. "What are you doing out here alone, Scarlet?" She turned to find a girl around her age with long brown hair. Her adoptive sister tilted her head slightly as she looked at the emotionless face the princess was giving. Suddenly the princess called Scarlet moved up to her and placed her hand on her cheek still not showing any emotion on her face. "Scarlet?" Yuki asked confused and worried before her face turned surprised as she noticed that her sister's eyes were glowing red.

"Yuki..." Scarlet called up softly when her hand moved to her neck. "I'm thirsty..." She said before she moved closer to her. "Wait, Scarlet..." Yuki replied unsure as she was too surprised and taken aback by her state. "Why do you come here... Yuki?" She was again surprised when she heard Scarlet ask her that. "Eh?" Yuki was unable to see her face as her bang was covering it. Slowly, Scarlet moved her hand away from her neck and she backed away from her too. "Sorry." She muttered lowly.

"I-it's alright... I guess." Yuki replied unsure yet worried about her. "You should return back inside." Scarlet said then turned away from her. "But..." Yuki was about to protest but Scarlet just stayed silent. "Alright, I understand." Yuki said weakly and turned to the house they were staying at. She knew that Scarlet had been trying hard not to drink her blood for some reason, and she knew that it would be better to step away while she was able to hold it in, although she felt bad at the same time. But she also felt guilty if she just stayed there as she could make Scarlet suffer more. So she decided to get inside the house and when she was back inside, the others were looking at her confused.

"What's wrong, Yuki?" Kaname asked as he noticed her expression. "No, it's nothing." She smiled instead as she shook her head. Kaname knew though that there was something wrong with her, but did not pursue it any further. "Oh, right, by the way, have any of you seen Luna?" It was Maya who asked now. "Isn't she still sleeping?" Hanabusa asked back confusedly. "If she was still asleep then I wouldn't have to ask." Maya sighed in disbelief. Hanabusa glared at her and the two were about to bicker again if Yuki did not speak up. "Actually..." She began. "I saw her just now." She told her the truth. "Oh, and where she might be?" Maya asked again. "Outside." Yuki simply replied as she turned to look at the door.

Maya turned to look at the door as well confused but then smiled. "Alright then. Thank you~!" She was about to go out when Yuki suddenly called her. "Ah, Maya-chan." Maya turned to look at her in her midway. "Yes?" She responded and waited as Yuki seemed unsure whether to say it out loud or not. "Ehm... It seems like she might need... You know..." Yuki did not finish as she was worried about it. Maya tilted her head slightly before she understood it, along with the others. "I understand." She then replied looking quite serious before she went outside. But before that, she saw that the male pureblood's face was changing slightly while Hanabusa was quite surprised after figuring it out as well.

"Princess," Maya called out as she found the one she was looking for. The said princess then turned to look at her companion. "Maya..." She spoke out just her name but her playmate had understood it. "It's okay." She said as she smiled at her, removing her hair from her neck as she slashed her own flesh with her nail in a flash that it did not cause any pain for herself. Luna's eyes glowed red again as she saw her blood trickling down on her neck. "Sorry..." She muttered before she approached her and bit her neck. Maya gasped but just let the princess drink her blood. She felt her warm blood flow down her neck as Luna kept on drinking it. But, then suddenly, she felt another warm liquid on her neck. She stole a glance and saw that some tears had escaped from the princess's eyes. She gave a small sad smile as she patted Luna's head gently when she felt that she had moved her fangs away from her neck.