« III : Target »

A red-haired vampire awoke in a dark place as she heard voices speaking from outside the room she was kept in. She sat up from the bed and looked around but there was nothing but a bed inside the room. "Quite considerate to give a prisoner a bed, huh?" Luna Scarlet spoke up as she tried to remember what had happened to her. Before everything went black to her, she was still standing outside her room after she ordered her familiar to kill the vampiric beast. She was about to comfort her childhood friend who she also thought was her own sister when suddenly someone caught her from behind her back as she was defenseless back then. The person then grabbed her by her mouth and she somehow fell unconscious. She was guessing that perhaps they were using a kind of sleeping medicine or drugs to make her unconscious, unless, she would've been able to break free from them.

After being able to remember the stuff before she fell unconscious, she thought that she was probably still alright, so she decided to listen to the people talking outside of the room. "What are we going to do about the princess?" She could hear a man speak, and then the other man replied. "We are told to wait here until ——— comes." She could not really hear who they were talking to as the others were making some commotions. "What's with the noises?" The man who she thought as the leader asked. "Ah sorry, the men were just partying since we were able to get the princess." One of the men said while laughing sheepishly. "Geez, just make sure to finish it before ——— comes." He said as his voice slowed down at the end as he was walking away from the door.

"Who's about to come...?" Scarlet mumbled under her breath. She looked around and there seemed to be only one door and no windows at all. She sighed as she laid back down on the bed. Usually, if she was bored, she would just look out of the window to look at the moon, but, there was no window at all, so she instead reached her hand up to her neck to take a necklace she received before. "So it has a purpose at a time like this." She muttered to herself as she looked at the moon that was hung onto her necklace as the pendant. "Thinking about it... It's been quite a while since that time..." She muttered again as she reminisced about the past where she used to be a human some months ago.

"I guess I can't no longer return to it, huh?" She put down her necklace back under her clothes. "I wonder how Zero's doing too? Been so long since last we saw him after all. I hope he'd make up with Yuki soon." She kept on muttering as she had no other things to do. Then suddenly she heard some voices again. "Has the person they were talking about earlier come?" Scarlet sat back up once again waiting for whoever to come, more like, she was too curious to want to see the person badly. But, not long after she sat back up on the bed, she knew right away who was coming. "Ah, so he's found me finally." She smiled inwardly, then just as if on cue, the door burst open. She then saw her huge, greyish familiar and was about to call it when someone shouted out her name.

"Luna!" "Scarlet-chan!" "Are you alright?!" Scarlet saw Maya and Hanabusa quickly came to her as soon as the door was blasted open and asked her at the same time. "Yeah, sure. I had quite a good sleep. They were kind enough to provide me a bed." She simply said looking at the two who sighed in relief. "Wait, you! Don't get too close to my Luna!" Maya then said pushing Hanabusa away as she hugged Luna as if she was Luna back when they were at the Academy. Scarlet just smiled as she remembered it. Somehow she really missed those peaceful times. She then returned her hug as she buried her face in her shoulder. "Luna? Are you alright???" Maya asked worriedly as she thought she was acting weird. "Yeah. No worries." She simply said that she did not move away from her position.

Hanabusa and Kaname watched silently not really knowing what to say or do. It was after another minute that Luna let go of her. "Sorry." She simply said and Maya simply smiled gently as she shook her head. "It's nothing. I'm sorry too, Prin-, no, Luna." She apologized as well crouching down in front of her. "I've let you face danger alone again. I'm sorry." She apologized and Luna understood what she had meant by the word again. "It's alright, it's not your fault. None of these are." Luna said assuring her. It was when she looked up that she realized the male vampires. "Oh, you're here too, Kaname-senpai?" She asked sounding surprised. "What about Yuki?" She added. "I left her with Akatsuki and Ruka." He simply said. "Though, I'm all fine and all, but thanks for the concern." She said bowing her head slightly. "You should really get your guards up at times." He told her. "Haha... Right, and I'm being told that again..." She sighed before standing up. "Alright, let's get back then, Maya." She said smiling at her and she received a nod.