Chapter 12: Decision 2.

The morning sun had already brighten up the day. The melody of the early birds' chirping are like a song in the morning.

Looking up in the deep, blue sky-- err technically red sky, was a boy with a terrifying eyes.

"Even in the morning, the sky is sure red....." He muttered, talking to particularly no one.

Things happened so quick that his mind doesn't want to digest it.

He... Just looked up, running from reality.

--- Like hell I will just stare in the sky like an idiot!! What? Why? Since when?! Lark suddenly said he wanted to work under me!!!!

He wants to get along with his brothers but not to let them work for him. And the worst part, when Boreas tried to refuse, Lark prostrated and said,

"I don't care if you treat me as a slave! Just let me work under you Master Boreas!"

Which made him unable to say anything. He didn't agree nor refuse him.

What's the deal with "Master" thing?! Aren't we siblings?! We should treat ourselves as equal damn it!!!!

"I guess I'll go meet Sir Meldon... Yeah let's do that." He said, once again, running from reality.

                                  ***

Three days after the attack of the monsters, the elder finally decided to send few people to recon the village.

It is not fully safe to return so they decided to do a full survey in the surroundings of the village and some cleaning up.

The reconnaissance team was composed of several warriors from the tribe, led by Kentaro, and also include Meldon, and Melinda.

The elder does not want to keep burdening their saviors but Meldon didn't accept it, insisting to help. He said,

"I once been helped by this tribe so this time, I will return the favor."

The elder seems reluctant but accepted his help in the end.

It took some time for them to arrive at the village.

"Uwah~ it stinks."

The first thing that they noticed was the foul smell of rotting flesh. The sounds of flies roaming around the corpses are dense enough to become annoying.

Melinda-- smelling the stinking surroundings-- covered her nose in futile attempt to avoid the smell.

But it was potent enough that covering the nose do nothing.

"Undead monsters might be able to spawn if we left things as is."

At worst-- with all the corpses present-- a powerful undead might spawn. Which will be more troublesome.

"Meldon, we will retrieve recognizable corpses. Please let Miss Melinda to use water magic to clean the surroundings afterwards."

"Got it, Melinda can you do it?"

"I should manage~."

The other Horned Demons quickly moved to retrieve the corpses. Kentaro was among them.

"This is horrible....." He said disgusted and mad at the same time.

He took a what was supposed to be a dead body of a young boy. The boy's stomach was reaped open, dangling the intestines and the likes. The foul smell lingering on it made Kentaro frown.

It's too cruel.

To think a boy, supposedly have a bright future ahead, will be reduced to stinking corpse.