Chapter 10: Savior.

Turning the time before the reunion of Olivia and her daughter....

Boreas was still following the beacon of light. It was unclear how many hours he was walking but at this point, the pillar was about to fade.

It was barely visible.

"I have to hurry...." He said.

He was in a state of urgency, if he lost track of the pillar, who knows how he would find the way again. It was likely that he will once again be back on being wandering aimlessly.

".........a!"

"Hmm?"

Boreas suddenly stopped upon faintly hearing something. It was so faint that he thought it was just his imagination.

But....

"That voice."

There's no mistaken it! It's from someone! He concluded on his mind.

He quickly surveyed his surroundings, looking for the source of the voice.

".......lp!"

"There!"

As he looked around, he once again heard another of the same voice. This time, he figured out the direction of the sound.

He quickly dashed towards the sound. Boreas was determined that the owner of the voice was in danger.

He ran, brushing the branches getting in the way, and carve his path towards the source of the voice.

I need to hurry.

Whoever it is, they were Boreas only hope. Now that the pillar of light was barely visible now.

"....elp!"

....... He followed.

"....help! S-Someone..!"

........... He followed.

"Please....! Mama!"

................ And then, he reached his destination.

There was... A girl.

A girl who was about to be eaten by wolves.

Seeing that, Boreas quickly went between the girl and the group of wolves.

"Stay behind my back!" He said as he unsheathed his sword.

                               ***

Keyara was running, she did what she was told. She's a good girl, she didn't disobey her mother nor Hans.

She's a good girl.

"Come at me bastards...!"

She heard Hans angry shout, and then followed by the sound of a fierce battle.

She ran.

The sound was still audible even though she continued distancing herself. The sound of flesh being ripped, bones being crushed, sound of being in pain, everything resonated within her. Shaking her core.

But even so, she ran.

Because I'm a good girl. She continue to tell herself.

"Gah....! My arm! Gyaaaa!"

She heard another sound but this time it was a scream. A scream from a familiar voice.

"... somebody...! He-Help! .... I don't want to die...!"

She heard Hans's desperate plea. Screams, plea, and regret. That was vivid from the tone of his voice.

And Keyara was able to hear all of that.