Chapter 6: Departure.

Birds are chirping, the sunlight peeked on a gap between curtains. The morning sun had already risen, making the usually dim Library brighter.

Boreas woke up as the sunlight reached his face. His eyes twitched on the sudden bright light. He opened his eyes, yawned, and stretched his body.

"No one woke me up again...." He murmured.

Last night, he was in the library reading few things about the place where they-- the royal siblings along with their instructors-- will going to held the joint magic and swordsmanship practical test.

He looked around, but as expected, no one was there to greet him. Naturally, as a royalty, Boreas should sleep on his own room regardless of what circumstances. A royalty sleeping on somewhere unsightly was a disgrace. Even if they fell asleep somewhere, they should be woken up or carried by the maids or knights who saw them sleeping somewhere.

But for some reason, Boreas was never been carried to his room or even just wake him up.

Of course... Who would have wake up someone like me?

As Boreas was on his usual pessimism, he didn't notice that the maids and knights are there watching him. They have bags under their eyes, clearly shows how lack of sleep they have. In fact, they were not be able to sleep because they spent the whole night silently arguing who would wake up Boreas.

"I guess I'll head to my room and take a bath..." He said as he closed the book he was reading last night before falling asleep.

The book was about the Orkan Forest, one of the Three Great Lands of the Demon Realm. This forest was the most dangerous place in the whole realm because of it is the home of powerful monsters and a place where the space is distorted.

On the outside, the forest seems to be small. But the interior of the forest span several times greater than what you've seen outside. You can venture inside and got lost, and worst, forever. There are those who entered the forest and didn't come back. Either they were lost or killed by powerful monsters doesn't matter, what matter the most is that they didn't come back.

Another reason why Orkan Forest was dangerous is because of its unstable weather phenomenon. The weather cycle changes at uncertain times. Sometimes it will rain so hard that the raindrops will completely obscure your vision and then suddenly, it will stop. After the rain cleared up, there's a chance that it will replaced by sudden surge of heat akin to the deserts' heat.

"But something made me really curious...." He muttered then continued. "Horned Demons..."

He then took his leave after tidying the table.

                                                        ***

After Boreas left the library, the maids and knights-- four in total-- breath a sigh of relief.

"Phew... That was scary... I thought Master Boreas would be mad at us for not waking him up..."

"That's because you guys are too afraid to carry him! You're knights aren't you? Why not act like one!"

"Mii is right! A kid is nothing to both of you! You should just take care of him like you should!"

"Don't be ridiculous! That's far too scary! I felt like I'm gonna die just by thinking of approaching him!"

"That's right! Besides, you're maids! You should be the one to wake him up!"

The two knights and maids argued. But then suddenly, the maid who's called Mii changed the subject.