Chapter 3: Liliane's Quest

Liliane heard what Gerald and his mother was plotting, she felt unease and anxiety. She's not afraid of her brother getting assassinated for the reason that Boreas can easily fend off the assassin on his own. The reason why Liliane having trouble is because the assault come early than she'd expected. Though Liliane was confident that she or her brother can deal with it, the early movement of Gerald and his mother can possibly give so many demerits.

When Liliane heard that her other brothers will now live in the castle with them, she already know something like this will happen. And when she discovered that her brother-- Boreas wants to inherit the throne, she sworn to herself that she will do everything to help him.

The plan of assassinating Boreas was utterly stupid, and probably Liliane-- with the exception of her beloved brother-- was the only one who believe it. When assassination failed which is really going to happen, there will be an investigations. They will link the incident with the inheritance of throne. Which will make the higher ups reinforce every sons' security. And it will made hard for both of them to act from the shadow.

The plan of Gerald to assassinate Boreas will backfire and also affect Boreas and Liliane too.

"That stupid mother of Gerald!!"

Liliane scratched her head with her both hand in frustration, her beautiful black hair turned messy. Though she looked haggard, she pay no attention to it. Right now, there's something important than her looks. She needs it to tell the plan of assassination to her brother.

On the other hand, Boreas was about to leave his room and go to the library. Since the duel accident, Liliane's expectations to Boreas grew bigger making her really overestimate him. Unable stand the guilt, he will now go to the library to find a guide book for swordsmanship. From now on, he will practice on secret so that he can live up the expectations of his sister.

He will be busy from now on.

Going back to Liliane, she's walking on the hallway making her way to Boreas' room. As she reached the room, she knocked.

"Brother, are you there? I have something to tell you."

Liliane waited for response and not long, Boreas let her in.

"Liliane, how's your interaction with our brothers?"

Liliane quickly assessed what is the meaning behind her beloved brother's words. Which is clearly means that what information did you get on them. She mentally gave herself a thumbs up for guessing what her brother clearly mean by what he have said.

Or so what she believed.

I guess I will report first before telling brother the bad news.

"Lark is good, also he's not interested in inheriting the throne so he will be useful to you."

Boreas stared blankly to her. He remained silent for few moments, Liliane thought that she might have said something to make him mad.

"Umm.. Brother?"

"Oh sorry, I got lost in thoughts. You should not say those kind of stuff."

Liliane suddenly flinched as if she have been hit by an arow in the head. She felt ashamed at herself for not realizing something simple as what her brother implore from the start. If she just casually tell him the information out loud, there might be a possibility that someone will hear them or someone is listening to them. Although they are talking in Boreas own room, chances of spy is not low. And to think that her beloved brother considered it from the start, Liliane he can't help but to admire him more.

"Sorry brother, I will reflect."

"Then it's good. So how's Gerald?"

"Oh him..."