Extra Chapter: A Certain Maid's Melancholy.

Life is just a word, just a single word. But contains different meanings depending on your own view.

Some said life is precious and should be enjoyed.

Some said life is just a series of suffering made to punish you for being born.

And some even said life is just a joke, never take it seriously and let yourself drift in life like a leaf in the river.

These beliefs born in different perspectives. No one was wrong and neither was right.

In the end, you can prove that what you believe is right by succeeding in life using those what you believed.

Life was indeed complex, there was ups and there was downs.

You could never know what fate you have until it was slapped in your face.

Anyway, enough with that.

Hello guys! It's me, Hanna!

You might be wondering who I am right? Cuz I haven't appeared in the main story at all!

Well, to start with, I am a maid in the Demon Lord Castle. I've been here for a long time now, maybe for seven years? I didn't really remember.

Anyway, as for the reason why I became maid here was because my father gave up-- err wants to me learn to act a decent lady by making me work as a servant in the castle.

It's not like he was fed up in me or anything! He didn't gave up on me and sent me away from home okay?!

Enough with that.

As for my work, I clean and bring something what they ordered me to. It's not a hard job really.

And through the time I work here, I became attached to one of the Child of the Demon Lord.

Aahh! I said it! Yes, I fall for one of them!

And it's Master Boreas!

It happened when he asked to bring him some tea. Since no one wanted to, I was forced to be the one to bring him the tea. He was only eight years old back then.

But I can't help but to feel uneasy.

I was so nervous that the tray I am holding was shaking.

Why would I not? Master Boreas was infamous for being a cruel master. His gaze was enough to make you bow-- or so they said.

There was one case that a maid made a blunder on him and before we knew it, the maid disappeared without a trace.

And now I am going to bring tea to that tyrant.

What would I do if I did something wrong?! I doubt a simple apology would not be enough. I mean, it's Master Boreas we are talking about! He would probably demand my life as compensation!

Aaahh! Father why did you forsaken me and made me work here?!

"M-M-Master Boreas h-here's you T-Twea!" Gah! I got tongue tied!

"Bring it here in the table."

"Y-Yesh!" GAAAAH! WHY WOULD MY TONGUE WON'T WORK RIGHT?!

I approached the table with heavy steps. The more I become near him, the more  intense the shaking of my body became.

"What's wrong? You look tense."

Perhaps sensing my situation, Master Boreas asked.

Wait, Master Boreas sounds worried about me. Could it be... He's not a bad person at all? I shouldn't believe rumors after all?

I stole a glance on Master Boreas to see his expression. And once I gaze on his face, I immediately blamed my stupid self for being so naive.

He's not worried at all! He's glaring at me! Like super intense glare! I'm dead. I'm definitely dead!

Father if you can hear me! Screw you for sending me here!

"H-Here your te-- WOAH!"

"watch out!"

My voice was followed by a sound of cutleries hitting on the ground.

Somehow, on my way to put the tea on the table, I tripped on my feet and fall.

The tea spilled over me, there was on my head and chest. The heat was making me squint as tears forms on the corner of my eyes.

I'm dead! I'm definitely dead!

"M-My deepest apologies!"

"...."

I know it was futile but I need to apologize first. I didn't even tried to get back on my feet. But my sincerest apologies was returned with only silence.

The lack of response made me impatient so I steeled my resolve and looked up to see his reaction.

"...."

He's looking at me! He's looking at me like I am just an insect on the ground! Like I'm filthy garbage!

Well in a sense I am filthy right now. My tea soaked appearance was not appropriate look to present in a man with high ranking.

His cold eyes was glued on me. Noooo! Don't look at me like I'm a worthless worm!

Don't look like I'm just a sight for a sore eyes!

It's making me....

It's making me feels......

Good?!

Am I feeling good?!

Once I realized it, there was something that clicked on me. Like I finally got what I want for a long time.

I was enlightened.

Ah~ Master Boreas' glare feels so good! I didn't think something this feels exist at all!

His intense glare, his handsome face looking so disgusted when seeing me, his wordless intimidation, ahh~ it's making me shiver not from fear but from something else!

Whoops my drool. Oh no, my underwear was drenched too. And I'm sure it's not because of the tea.

".... Are not going to change?"

As I was basking on ecstasy, my sugary world was shattered by the words of Master Boreas.

"M-My apologies! I will change my underwear right now!"

"N-No, I mean change everything."

"Yes sir!"

I rushed inside, I was practically skipping from happiness towards my room.

I couldn't even contain my smile at all.

No way, my cool beauty persona-- the persona I took pain to keep-- will be shattered~! My coworkers will see me like this~!

Father, wherever you are right now, thank you for sending me here!