Chapter 2: The Massacre of Alnus

Start from the beginning

"We have lost a sixth of our Empires military might! How do you intend to compensate for this unprecedented disaster? Not to mention that we lost the Gate to the unknown enemy!"

"I can understand we lost the Gate! How is that even possible?"

"Senator Casel, I share your concerns but we must think about how the people must feel." Emperor Molt stated, as he looked at the Senator.

Marquis Casel was a bit surprised by the Emperor's statement, before he asked his next question.

"Then you're majesty, what would you have us do in this time of crisis?"

"It is true that our latest losses have cost us our military advantage, leaving us in a situation that our vassals may revolt and attack the capital itself." The Emperor said, as he looked at every Senator in the room.

"Yet in each time of crisis, the Emperor, the Senate, and the people rally together and struggled through and bring about even more progress! This has been done before during the Arctic War years ago has it not?"

The Emperor continued as the Senate listen in on his words.

"No war is won without some losses therefore I won't hold anyone responsible for our recent losses. However, do not accuse me of failing to be invincible or would you be the one that plays at court day after day until the enemy has come all the way to our front gates?"

The Emperor finished with a smile that left many in the Senate feeling uneasy.

"But what shall we do?!" A senator who had bandages wrapped around his head shouted, as he stood up.

"The Army we sent in were destroyed in just two days since the unknown enemy counterattacked and the Gate has been seized! For every minute that passes, their position becomes more fortified!"

"General Godasen, have you even tried to retake the hill?" A General sarcastically asked.

Incensed, the bandaged senator identified as Godasen exclaimed at the General.

"Of course i attempted to retake the Hill, but my own forces were defeated by the enemy at a distance! Bang, Bang, Bang! It made that sound from afar I have never seen such magic in my life!"

Godasen exclaimed at the General.

"Then we should quickly rebuild our forces and fight them to retake the Hill!" The same general shouted, as he stood up.

"Even if our forces are insufficient we can just gather more troops from our vassal states!"

"What good is brute force alone going to do!?" A senator shouted.