Deviljho

Stumbling over itself, a Lao-Shan Lung is bleeding profusely from deep wounds all over its body. It then hears the roar of the creature who had the gall to attack it. Looking back, the Titanodracon sees the powerfully built body of the aggressor, its jaws still tainted with blood. Seeing that the predator is closing in, the Lao-Shan Lung knows that it can no longer run.

Turning around, the massive animal faces its pursuer, ready to do battle with the Neokyngós. As its tormentor continues to approach, the goliath lets out a deafening bellow, a final and desperate attempt to scare off the attacker. However, its warnings fall on deaf ears, and the Neotyrannid keeps getting closer to it. As both creatures size each other up, the Lao-Shan Lung already knows that this will be its final stand.

The scenario that was just described depicts the last moments of a Lao-Shan Lung who died around 307,000 years ago. But what was the species that took it down? What creature was tenacious enough to attack a Titanodracon? At first, this mystery confused paleontologists as this individual's bones hadn't sustained large scratches, bruising or hairline fractures as seen on those who had been killed by Dalamadurs or Gaismagorms. Instead, the fossils revealed that the corpse had been heavily gnawed on by the teeth and the serrated, uneven, keratinous growths of some other hunter.

This one feature would eventually reveal the identity of the Lao-Shan Lung's killer. Standing 13.4 meters in length and 4.2 to 5.2 in height, the culprit was none other than the most infamous of Neotyrannids: Diavolanisodonta orgi.

These powerful predators may go by many names such as terrifying beast, violent brute, the world eater, or angry pickle, but most people know them under the moniker of Deviljho

These powerful predators may go by many names such as terrifying beast, violent brute, the world eater, or angry pickle, but most people know them under the moniker of Deviljho. This name is of course derived from their aggressive temperament, ferocious appearance, and ability to spew dragon energy from their mouth. However, do these Theropods really deserve their bad reputation as savage beasts?

The first thing that needs to be addressed is the violent hunting methods these Neotyrannids employ. Deviljhos are known to use some truly savage techniques while attacking prey, using their wide jaws to grab, then mercilessly shake and bash smaller victims against things, dealing blunt force trauma and internal damages.

If their targets are too big to grab and throw, these animals can use keratinous, tooth-shaped growths on their upper and lower jaws to ram prey. Since the spikes never stop growing, their points are almost always sharp, so getting hit by them would be like being on the business end of a spiked club. This would not only dish out a lot of blunt force trauma, but the pseudo teeth would create deep wounds, causing severe blood loss.

On rare occasions where Deviljhos decide to take on something that's much larger than themselves, such as the Lao-Shan Lung from earlier, they'll use teeth, spikes, claws, dragon energy, and even their saliva which holds a special bacteria that makes it slightly acidic, to take down these massive adversaries. Typically they'll employ hit and run tactics, delivering massive wounds before backing off, and letting the injuries take their toll on the victims.