"Why are you crying Ava?".

"You know why, Kieran. Don't act stupid," She snapped.

"I suppose I should ask why you're crying over this?" I sighed, "After all, we both were treated like shit,".

"Kieran, stop," She cried, "For once can you push aside the past and care,".

I bit on the side of my cheek, pacing back and forth on the balcony of the stairs.

"Why did you call me Ava?" I questioned again.

Ava sighed over the line, wiping her tears away I guessed and sniffled, "You have to come to the manor today. No excuses, it's mandatory,".

My lip twitched but I should have guessed I wouldn't have been able to get out of it this time. It'll only be for a little while, like a side task and after I'll be back here like I never left in the first place. I exhaled.

"See you soon," I said, hanging up right after.

...

God fucking damn it. This is exactly why nice things don't exist. Just one hour, one and I'll be back. I shoved the phone in my pocket and walked back into the room finding the bed empty.
She's awake.

As I entered, Suriah walked out of the bathroom rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes.

I stopped in my tracks, admiring the view.

She looked up and instantly smiled with her eyes first before her lips twirled.

"Good morning," She greeted, walking up to me with a heavy embrace.

"Good morning," I replied, hugging her right back, "I made breakfast,".

She pulled away, "Oh? What could it be?".

"Chocolate pancakes," I answered.

"I haven't had those in forever," She commented, her eyes glowing up.

"They're on the nightstand," I pointed out.

She turned around, finding the food and didn't hesitate to walk over and start eating. I snickered, turning on my heel and walking into the closet. Something funeral-like will work in case he's actually dead. I pulled out my all black suit I've worn maybe once and walked back out of the room.

Suriah, with a full mouth of food, questionably stared at me. Quickly, she finished and set her plate down.

"You're leaving?" She asked, worry hidden in her voice.

I sighed, "Just for a little,".

"Why?" She pouted.

"Family affairs, my love," I answered, "Trust me, I wouldn't go if I didn't have to,".

"Are you going to be okay?" She asked, standing up and walking over to me.

"I will," I assured her, setting the suit down.

Her head was down and her eyes were looking away as she stood in front of me. I chuckled, taking a step forward and cupping her face in my hands. I lifted her head and fell deep into her black eyes.

"I'll only be gone for one hour," I told her.

She pursed her lips together and whispered, "Okay,".

I leaned forward, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead for a moment as she held onto my arms. Accepting me. Afterwards, I dressed up for whatever family occasion needed me to be present. And to my surprise, when I left the penthouse a car was already waiting for me right at the front. For who knows how long. The drive there was silent as usual, I stared out of the window unless my phone buzzed and it did like every five minutes.
I sighed the minute I saw the main family house appear from the corner of my eye. I hate it there. Once the car stopped I sat there dreading the thought of getting out of the car let alone walking inside. The last time I was here...was a load of bullshit.