Insert 18

Nqubekho
I stopped doing what i was doing and looked at her.
Imo: No lies?
Me: No lies
Imo: Than talk to me what got you so scared?
I took a deep breath and tried to hold her but she moved away.
Me: I think the General has a thing against your father and I think that he trying to settle that score and I fear that you being married to me might have caused him to catch up to your dad. I fear that all of this is happening because I was using my heart when I meet you not my head.
Imo: Are you saying...
I walked closer to her and touched her.
Me: am saying my actions put you and your family at risk. I don't regret walking to my sleeping beauty, i dont regret falling in love with you and mostly i don't regret marrying you.
Imo: you love me?
Me: since the first day i gave you my cup of coffee .
She smiled.
Me: your dad might not see it that way though. That why i need to do this the right way. Send you back home, let you be with your family while we work this out with a friend of mine. And if your dad wishes to help than he can.
Imo: I love you too
Me: Really?
Imo: I know part of me was thinking maybe i feel like this because technically you the only man that has showered me kindness. But I love you, i love you with everything that i am and beyond words could explain.
She threw herself on me and i held her tight.
Me: Am not going to lose you.
Imo: You wont lose me too okay.
I helped her get dressed as I filled her in everything that the general been up too.

Phila
I woke up to a sound and i slowly got up with my gun and walked out of the the room checking each room and bumped to Zola.
Me: You heard it too?
Zola: Yes
We walked slowly and got to the kitchen found Nqubekho and Imo
Imo: Dad?

Imo
He lowered his gun and walked closer holding me in his arms.
Dad: you okay
Me: Am okay but we have something to share with you.

Phila
I looked at her husband as he started talking filling me in from the time they left here.
I looked at her and looked at him.
Me: how did you get out?
Nqubekho; I have a getaway car
Me: i see.
Zola: ill wake Ntokozo up.
Me: Cool, baby girl go sleep.
Imo: Am not...
Nqubekho: we spoke about this right?
She nodded and he hugged her and she left. I had him pinned to the wall within minutes and what frustrated me that he just let me push him.
Me:If I find out that this is a trap... am going to kill you
Nqubekho: sure
He swiftly moved me and left disappearing into the darkness.

Nqubekho
I woke up early and made coffee and went to my office to go through alternatives when I heard the back door crack open and I took out my gun and slowly walked out and saw my father in law standing there.
Phila: Hi
I lowered my gun and looked at him confused.
Phila: I owe you an apology.
That took me back a bit.
Phila: Am sorry
Me: Apology accepted
He sat down.
Me: Coffee?
Phila: sure
I poured a cup for him and he took it.
Phila: i have my guy Xola at his house. Mlu is under cover at the headquarters and Ntokozo is looking for any paper traces that are out of place for the general.
Me: Oh
Phila: Zola is outside dealing with the guys in the van.
Me: Oh
He was quiet.
Phila: She is my baby girl.
Me: I know
Phila: You hurt her...
Me: Look, i love your daughter. I know i went the wrong way in proving this but when things are calmer ill like to do traditional things.
He looked at me for sometime.
Phila: Hopefully we survive this
Me: Iv never been shot andI plan on getting shot now.

General
My phone rang and it was my wife who never calls when am at work.
Me: babe
Luyanda: someone is outside
She whispered terrified
Me: what you mean someone is outside?
Luyanda: i mean someone is spying into the house
Me: am on my way.
My heart was pounding so hard as i called a team to follow me to the house as I drove in a frenzy.
Nqubekho knows am playing him!!!